Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit inquiries

You describe your credit profile as one of "rebuilding" in the last couple years.  That probably means you had derogs, possibly very serious ones back then: lates, collections, chargeoffs, etc.

A profile with possibly serious derogs from only a couple years ago, coupled with 50 (!) fairly recent attempts to get credit, would look very dangerous to some CC issuers. 

And that's just your credit.  There's also your income and current levels of credit.  A person could have an 800 score and still be denied because the issuer feels you are already overextended relative to your income.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Inquires only stay on your report 2 years, stop having affect on your score after 1 year.

So essentially, of the 9 inquiries on my CR. Only the recent Chase on 3/18, Citi and Amex on 7/17 are actually considered? All the others dated 8/16 for my auto aren't impacting my score. But do the Banks/CCC's still take them into account when decidng to give you credit? 

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

A bunch of auto inquiries lumped together are scored as 1.  So, upon a MR, you're being viewed as having 3 inquiries... the two you mentioned above and 1 for all the auto inquiries before that.  Those lumped inquiries (viewed/scored as 1) are over a year old, so they are considered much less than those from the last year.

Having 3 inquiries, 2 of which are from the last year really isn't bad at all.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.