cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditCheckTotal -- Finally merged with Experian?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CreditCheckTotal -- Finally merged with Experian?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was on the phone with Experian for fifty minutes this morning trying to get my account updated. Still can't get into it. What a mess. I resent their wasting my time. I really do. Although the young woman helping me did her best. 

What phone number and what button pushes did you use to actually get to talk to someone? I keep getting the computer, and it hangs up automatically at the end of each branch of button presses....

I tried the number on the website under contact us and all it would let me do is check my score or check on identity theft.

I opened the app and called this number: 1-866-617-1894

This should get you a person to talk with.

Message 51 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@calyx wrote:

Good news!  My "trial" expired last night and when I logged into experian this morning I got the $1 trial screen again, so it does look like we can churn the trial still (please note:  I've been a member of Experian since July, and started using CCT in October and I never had any problems with either, I know this is not true for everyone).

The only difference seems to be that you have to wait out your 7-10 days (it says 7, but my "trial" lasted 10) if you don't want to create a new log in (vs CCT where you could cancel and rejoin to refresh everything the same day).    Since I'm only interested in a couple of reports that are >10 days apart this works for me, YMMV.

This was my screen this morning:

churn.png

Did it auto cancel in 10 days?  I can't find where to cancel.  I will try looking again tomorrow.  I just don't want to have to call them everytime to cancel.

Message 52 of 56
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@calyx wrote:

Good news!  My "trial" expired last night and when I logged into experian this morning I got the $1 trial screen again, so it does look like we can churn the trial still (please note:  I've been a member of Experian since July, and started using CCT in October and I never had any problems with either, I know this is not true for everyone).

The only difference seems to be that you have to wait out your 7-10 days (it says 7, but my "trial" lasted 10) if you don't want to create a new log in (vs CCT where you could cancel and rejoin to refresh everything the same day).    Since I'm only interested in a couple of reports that are >10 days apart this works for me, YMMV.

Did it auto cancel in 10 days?  I can't find where to cancel.  I will try looking again tomorrow.  I just don't want to have to call them everytime to cancel.

Go to your profile (click on your initials in the upper right corner), then membership, and at the bottom there will be a link about changing your membership.  Just change it to the free Basics account.  You will get to access the Premium until your trial ends, and then it will automagically switch over.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 53 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@calyx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@calyx wrote:

Go to your profile (click on your initials in the upper right corner), then membership, and at the bottom there will be a link about changing your membership.  Just change it to the free Basics account.  You will get to access the Premium until your trial ends, and then it will automagically switch over.

Awesome!  Thank You!

It seems it is hidden by a link at the very bottom.  Why can't site just put that stuff at top.  I know why but still lol

Message 54 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WD2005 wrote:

Just ran into this myself. I have an account with Experian but it won't let me see any archived CCT reports. Just the "free" EX reports. I just did the 7 day trick for my wife's scores and was planning on cancelling on Wednesday. Fortunately I used a gift card Visa so if it tries to reup it will fail. Looks like no more $1 Fico 8 scores for us anymore. 

They charged me $29.95 last week!  I never subscribed and canceled my $1 sub immediately after getting it.  I tried dealing with them (now Experian) and they can't even find my CCT account existing.  I've had to dispute the charge with Amex.  So frustrating and scammy!

Message 55 of 56
dlm1113
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@WD2005 wrote:

Just ran into this myself. I have an account with Experian but it won't let me see any archived CCT reports. Just the "free" EX reports. I just did the 7 day trick for my wife's scores and was planning on cancelling on Wednesday. Fortunately I used a gift card Visa so if it tries to reup it will fail. Looks like no more $1 Fico 8 scores for us anymore. 

They charged me $29.95 last week!  I never subscribed and canceled my $1 sub immediately after getting it.  I tried dealing with them (now Experian) and they can't even find my CCT account existing.  I've had to dispute the charge with Amex.  So frustrating and scammy!

I had the same issue.  I called them to tell them to stop charging my card as I cancelled the CCT account but they said they couldn't see the charge and that they could only see the $19.99 I was being billed monthly to another card for Experian CW Premium.  They kept charging me $24.99 and since they couldn't see it they couldn't stop it so I had Cap1 send me a new card with a different number.  They did confirm that the CW premium and CCT was now one account when I talked to her.  I thought about just doing myfico.com but I couldnt see paying $40 when I am paying $20 for the same so I am staying with Experian.

Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.