Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditworks vs. MyFICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditworks vs. MyFICO

Hello all,

I am getting to the stage where I want to monitor my credit a little bit more closely, instead of just using CK or my 1B reports off of my CC apps. I've ran across MyFICO (naturally) and Creditworks, so can anyone help me in listing the pros and cons of both paid services? I mainly just want to review my credit reports every 3 months or so, but I also want the cheapest subscription. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creditworks vs. MyFICO

I use credit check total by Experian. Pay $1 to sign-up for the 7-day trial (which is actually a couple of days longer) to run my 3-bureau Fico report (also provides Experian Auto & Mortgage scores). After cancelling the trial it reverts to the no-cost membership, which runs daily Experian alerts, reports & score. Whenever I need to check TU or EQ I just run another $1 trial. 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, so you can keep reusing trials? I didn't know that Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The $1 CCT approach is best given how our OP described his needs.  He should add to that a free monthly EX report and FICO 8 score from creditscore.com.  He already knows about the free EQ and TU reports from Karma.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, but out of Creditworks and MyFICO (both paid subscriptions) which have been more useful for ya'll?

Message 5 of 14
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Most people here use free and cheaper tools which I completely understand.  However, I currently pay for both and will be getting rid of MyFico subscription.  I have EX Creditworks Premium (not sure if that's what you have) and found that when changes occur to FICO 8 I can see it loooong before MyFico updates the FICO 8 score.  I like the daily updates of several scoring models and the monthly F8 scores for all 3B.  Although I'm currently beyond any need for apps I've kept it as it has helped me understand my profile better.  But for what I pay for MyFico monthly, getting only quarterly updates of all scores and late FICO 8 update (not that I really need them though), it's no longer worth it to me.  If I need other scores I can just pay to pull scores from MyFico at that time, which I basically pay now every 2 months based on the monthly fee (but only get quarterly reports Smiley Frustrated).

But I live in Washington where most EVERY INQUIRY goes through EX.  Should I want to get a CC at some point I probably have those scores from my EX subscription or my current CC that offer scores.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Right, but out of Creditworks and MyFICO (both paid subscriptions) which have been more useful for ya'll?

Hi SS.  It's true that you asked for a comparison of CW vs. MF.

But you also described your actual needs, which were to check your credit once every three months and you want something as cheap as possible.  Given that, any paid monthly service is probably going to be overkill.

I like Trudy's comparison -- that struck me as pretty thorough.  I don't have any paid subscriptions myself.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, Trudy's was an answer I was looking for. I do have the EX app + TU from Discover + EQ from CK/Citi. I'll probably be good for now. I may actually use one of the subscription services when it gets closer to actually buying a house. Thanks everyone!

Message 8 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

I am getting to the stage where I want to monitor my credit a little bit more closely, instead of just using CK or my 1B reports off of my CC apps. I've ran across MyFICO (naturally) and Creditworks, so can anyone help me in listing the pros and cons of both paid services? I mainly just want to review my credit reports every 3 months or so, but I also want the cheapest subscription. 

Thanks!

I use EX Credit Works (not Credit Works Basic which is free, and not Credit Works Premium which is $24.99 mo). It's $10 mo plus tax. It's a great value. It gives you 7 EX FICO scores and your EX reports daily.

I also use MyFICO Ultimate Monthly but that's big bucks -- $40 mo. It gives you a whole raft of FICO scores on a monthly basis, and gives you frequent time-delayed updates of your FICO 8 scores.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lately Creditworks has been more useful to me because of its real-time updating.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.