Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISP INVG COMP-RPT BY GRNTR?? Huh?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

DISP INVG COMP-RPT BY GRNTR?? Huh?

i was just looking over a credit report i pulled from Transunion back in June and noticed on one of my Cap One accounts it had a remark that read "DISP INVG COMP-RPT BY GRNTR"...what the heck does that mean?

Any ideas? Should I be concerned since ive never started a dispute or anything like that, ever?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: DISP INVG COMP-RPT BY GRNTR?? Huh?

It will say something like this if you initiate a chargeback aswell. Have you ever done something like that?

Message 2 of 8
Capya
New Contributor

Dispute Investigation Complete - Report by Grantor

Are there any negatives associated with that tradeline?  

Starting Score: 573 (Exp 10/12)
Current Score: 767 (Exp 6/13)
Goal Score: 700+ I Crushed it!!!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
shane82388
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

It will say something like this if you initiate a chargeback aswell. Have you ever done something like that?

Nope, its just a crappy capital one platinum card that i barely ever use...

Message 4 of 8
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Capya wrote:

Dispute Investigation Complete - Report by Grantor

Are there any negatives associated with that tradeline?  

Yes there are lates from years ago still showing....

Message 5 of 8
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

probably nothing to worry bout...continue to keep tht card in a sock drawer!

Message 6 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you never disputed anything with the card I would contact the CCC and have that comment removed.

Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It was the reporting by the creditor that you have filed a direct dispute with them under FCRA 623(a)(8), and that they have conlcuded their investigation of that dispute.

Since the direct dispute process is still relatiely new, I would speculate that perhaps the CCC did some type of regular internal account review, and their data clerk mistakenly reported that as conclusiiion of a direct dispute investigation.  Clearly wrong if no direct dispute was filed, and in my opinion worth the time to correct, as it states to others reviewing your CR that you dispute the accuracy of some of the information reported by the creditor.  The person reviewing your CR would have no idea what information was disputed as inaccurate, and thus might question the accuracy of your FICO score........

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.