Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP for loans over 100% utilization

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DP for loans over 100% utilization

I have 4 loans over 100% utilization due to accrued interest

Paid 1 that was originally 1000, down to 880 from 1300, TU jumped 9 points, and ex jumped 5, so apparently getting under 100% does earn points back, I do realize I also crossed the 88.9% threshold, my question is do installment loans have payment thresholds for points like revolvers, should I pay more down on the one I have under 100% or get another one of the 4 under 100% for max point benefit?

2 REPLIES 2
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

Re: DP for loans over 100% utilization

I'm not sure of your current circumstances, but personally I would be more concerned about the interest being paid and focus on paying off the higher interest loans first. The points will bounce back once the loans are paid and the latest fall off (if you do have lates). JMO. Hopefully others will answer your question and provide more insight. 

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DP for loans over 100% utilization

Luckily they are student so due to covid, they aren not collecting interest until October, but I think that's what I'm going to do start hitting each one to get them under the 100% threshold then pay down after

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.