Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV Questions

Hi Everyone...I love this place. I have learned so much coming here however I do have some questions that I can not seem to get a definite answer on.

After many years of running from my credit issues I have slowly started rebuilding.

My question is on DV. I have a collection account that is scheduled to continue on record until 8/2011. I do not think this account is mine and I have disputed the account and it is coming back "verified". The balance is $608.00

I was thinking about sending a DV letter to this company but I heard that because the collection agency has had the account over 30 days I can not ask them to validate the account now. On the contrary I have heard that yes in fact they do have to validate and do so within 30 days.

Can anyone tell me how much of this is true or false. I read the posts but I am looking for a definite answer to my situation as others are a little different.

Any response would be so appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV Questions

anyone???
Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The FDCPA states how long you have to DV and that is 30 days from their dunning letter (initial collection letter). After 30 days, your DV doesn't really hold any legal punch if mailed late, if you know what I mean. However, since when do CAs send dunning letters CMRRR? How can they prove that you received the dunning letter? After all, people move around, files get lost, and so forth. So, most CAs who receive your DV will eventually respond and will leave you alone during the investigation. There is no time limit for them to verify a debt (unless you live in TX). They can take 30 days or 30 months, but during that time they cannot write, call, etc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love you....thank you soooo much.Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.