Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover... no off cycle reporting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover... no off cycle reporting?

I just purchased $4100 of furniture for a new place and my overall utilization will be high. I called Discover to see if they would do an off cycle reporting for me. I was told by an account manager they only report at statement time.

Did they change this recently? I thought they would do that upon request. It's a temporary hit to the scores but still kind of a bummer.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover... no off cycle reporting?

HUCA. You may have gotten the “wrong” CSR. A number of us have gotten them to report off-cycle just by asking. Call back and try with somebody different.
Message 2 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Send them a message, asking to report off cycle. I've always had the best luck that way
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They offered to me when I complained they reported my account so early.
Message 4 of 6
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just purchased $4100 of furniture for a new place and my overall utilization will be high. I called Discover to see if they would do an off cycle reporting for me. I was told by an account manager they only report at statement time.

Did they change this recently? I thought they would do that upon request. It's a temporary hit to the scores but still kind of a bummer.

Were you asking Discover if they would report a little earlier than normal this cycle so it wouldn't reflect the $4100 purchase yet?  Then by next due date/stmt date/report date you were planning to have a lot of it paid off to keep utl. in check?  If you were asking for an earlier report date than normal that may possibly be why csr said only at stmt. date.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aha, I misread it - good catch @LauraC. That does sound like the situation.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.