Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Experian update on weekends?

tag
JFox418
Regular Contributor

Does Experian update on weekends?

I've been obsessively checking Experian every morning waiting for two of my Cap1 CCs to update anticipating some good score changes. I couldn't find an exact statement closing date for Cap1 until I got an email this morning that yesterday was last day of statement and new statement went out today. From what I've found it looks like Experian **typically** updates the day after they receive the data. They would have received the data today so will they update tomorrow being a weekend?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Does Experian update on weekends?

It can be next day or it can be longer. 

For me, Cap One typically updates two to three days after statement closes, but there were instances in which it took a week or longer. 

Message 2 of 8
JFox418
Regular Contributor

Last month the statement closed on the 8th and it updated on the 9th so that's why I've been checking so frequently. 

I'm using Experian's subscription for scoring. Will they update throughout the day or is it just a midnight refresh deal? Was hoping to app for a few things when it updated. 

Message 3 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

EX updates around 2 or 3 am in whichever time zone you happen to live. 

If you looked at your report today and it's not there, there won't be any changes till tomorrow. 

Message 4 of 8
JFox418
Regular Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

EX updates around 2 or 3 am in whichever time zone you happen to live. 

If you looked at your report today and it's not there, there won't be any changes till tomorrow. 

Perfect, thanks! 

Message 5 of 8
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Do CRA's report over the weekend?

I always kind of thought they did, and frankly haven't paid close attention, but this past weekend makes me wonder.

I was speaking to a Navy csr on Friday, and asked her if my account was going to report on Friday. She replied that it was, at midnight. So here it is Monday morning, and no update (at least on EX). If things work on a business day model, then ok, it should be visible tomorrow morning. It's just I didn't think that's the way it was. 

Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do CRA's report over the weekend?

If creditors are using automated reporting then its 24/7/365, using manual can take a lot longer time frame. Even when the creditor electronically reports on the TL it takes time to get parsed out and show up on your reports.

Message 7 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Do CRA's report over the weekend?

@W261w261 wrote:

I always kind of thought they did, and frankly haven't paid close attention, but this past weekend makes me wonder.

I was speaking to a Navy csr on Friday, and asked her if my account was going to report on Friday. She replied that it was, at midnight. So here it is Monday morning, and no update (at least on EX). If things work on a business day model, then ok, it should be visible tomorrow morning. It's just I didn't think that's the way it was. 

Yes they do.

As to what the CSR's tell you, they usually don't know.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.