Hey all, first time writing! I sent an email yesterday to the EO for Cap One (I found it on another google search site) to inquire about maybe merging 2 of my current lines (Cap One Platinum and QS1, both with $500 limits) by opening another line. I didn't read enough on the forum here I guess, since I've not received a reply by email and I forgot to enclose a phone number. I had applied for the regular QS in the hopes of merging those other lines but was declined, so I was trying to see about a compromise with them. Should I send another email and include a phone number or will they reply to that email to request more info? Thanks!
Thanks for replying, I was just about to shut this off and head to dreamland! I'm not current with the lingo in this forum (ie the acronyms) so I'm not sure what you meant my DP's (or OP, come to think of it)! I've had the Plat for a little over 2yrs, and the QS1 for about 19 months or so and both of those have been frozen at those limits since the initial 5 month bump. I called to speak to someone, English was limited and they didn't seem to understand what I was trying to do and then they said their system was down (hmm) so after doing some reading on here, I decided to just go straight to the EO but I may have goofed on the address (some stranger must be scratching his head), or I did not provide the right caption/info.
... I believe that there's been some recent chatter/threads that have indicated Capital One no longer being able to provide such an option. But, the jury is still out on that.
I started the chatter and the thread. I will be very pleased if the "jury" shows me to be wrong.
Thanks so much for all the input so far, I've read numerous different threads on here before I added my own about others experiences with this type of thing and I remember somewhere in those delvings reading about someone who had gotten declined for a new Cap 1 card but had asked to do what I asked and was approved, which is why I tried but I guess I didn't go about it the right way!
To answer your question regarding my credit, they're in the 655-665 for TU and EQ for Vantage, and Discover Fico is quoting 635 for Exp. I've been working on my credit for the past few years and have pulled it up from the low 500's to what it is now. I applied for the Citi DB card because I wanted to do the balnce transfer thing, but after the initial 7-10 pending (and I followed up with a call per the advice I read on here), they said blah blah blah- no. So I tried the the Slate card, they said no but I just recently obtained the Chase Unlimited Freedom which kind of confused me on why I got that one but not the Slate, and Amex also said no for a BT card which is why I took a shot with Cap 1.
Discover $800 Opened in Nov, coming up on 90 days so looking to see if they will auto increase
Chase Unlimited $1000 opened in Dec
Lane Bryant $300 was sent a pre-app link, opened in Nov
Target CC- initial $300 (opened in Aug) and was auto increased in late Nov to $500
Cap 1 Plat $500
Cap 1 QS1 $500
I've never been late on any payments, but I do carry a varying percentage of balances on them.
Alrighty, so this gives me food for fodder (and sometimes the other way around!) and I'll try not to be inpatient about these things, and I know there's no quick fix but I just want to get there already! I read a lot of threads and gardening was mentioned so when I looked it up (thanks for the acronym cheat sheet) I find that this means I'll have to force myself to be patient (eek).
So my newest card would be the Chase UF (opened in Dec), because both the Cap 1's are way past the 1 yr mark so by your suggestion, I should wait in the garden (is this a limbo garden and do they serve drinks while we wait?) until this coming December?
In following the other threads about the Discover auto CLI, should I expect one soon and if not, should I hold off asking for it after the 92 days hits and wait until that card matures in November?
Thanks to everyone who has been replying, BTW...you've all been very helpful! =)