Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early inquiry falloff question

tag
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Early inquiry falloff question

I have an 18 month old in that's still hanging on TU, (From Wal-Mart ). I understand that that it has little or no impact on scoring but.. do they ever drop off early as its due to fall in December? ?
FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Early inquiry falloff question

Not that I have heard of

Message 2 of 4
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Thanks...it's actually 21 months, so...2 more isn't bad..
FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The exclusion of inquries is not explicitly regulated under the FCRA.

It is an administative determination of the CRAs, and their normal policy is two years.

The CRAs are requried, under FCRA 609, to provide a consumer with the name of any party who made a credit inquiry for employment purposes within the prior two years, and for any other purpose with the prior one year.  Thus, they could choose to remove all inquiries other than those related to employment after one year, but could not delete employment related inquiries until after two years.

That is the only statutory requirement that limits when they can delete.

Two years is likely a result of the retention requirment related to employment related inquiries.........

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.