Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax, Experian, TransUnion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax, Experian, TransUnion

So i have credit cards with capital one and they provide a basic credit report through creditwise 

I see that in my case Experian credit file appears to be the one used because when i check the others i do not see the same info. 

so after disputing just about everything i could it made me wonder. 

beings pretty much nothing is on my Equifax, and TransUnion wouldnt i want to find Creditors that specifically use those two ? 

to get a better fico ? 

im super low right now at about 620 and before i apply for another credit card to help boost my score i thought maybe i should target cards that specifically use them

so am I on the right track ? 

and does anyone know a credit card that uses Equifax and TransUnion as opposed to Experian ?

* side note i could swear that creditwise used transunion but the same info doesnt show 

i thought having all three active would be better than one 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax, Experian, TransUnion

also whats the deal with innovis ? 

are they even relevant ?

Message 2 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Free or $1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores and reports at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

AnnualCreditReport. Free weekly 3 bureau online reports through April 2021.

Free credit reports (disregard the VantageScore 3.0 score) at:
Credit Karma for weekly TU and EQ reports.
WalletHub for daily TU report.

Message 3 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I would recommend reading the below from credit_is_crack
The "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps" list

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh my lord !! 

what a mess !! 

if anyone else lives in California area 

and knows for sure what credit card company uses Equifax primarily and TransUnion primarily for new accounts hit me up 

until then imma try to decode that credit crack page 

Message 5 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

oh my lord !! 

what a mess !! 

if anyone else lives in California area 

and knows for sure what credit card company uses Equifax primarily and TransUnion primarily for new accounts hit me up 

until then imma try to decode that credit crack page 

Look at Grid # 2.

West Coast is heavy on Experian. Look into Credit Unions too.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So i have credit cards with capital one and they provide a basic credit report through creditwise 

I see that in my case Experian credit file appears to be the one used because when i check the others i do not see the same info. 

so after disputing just about everything i could it made me wonder. 

beings pretty much nothing is on my Equifax, and TransUnion wouldnt i want to find Creditors that specifically use those two ? 

to get a better fico ? 

im super low right now at about 620 and before i apply for another credit card to help boost my score i thought maybe i should target cards that specifically use them

so am I on the right track ? 

and does anyone know a credit card that uses Equifax and TransUnion as opposed to Experian ?

* side note i could swear that creditwise used transunion but the same info doesnt show 

i thought having all three active would be better than one 

Capital one reports to all 3 bureaus. Having less on your credit report is not better for your scores. A thick and clean credit profile that shows years of resposible credit use is good. You do not want old and positive accounts removed as they boost your scores.

I would pull all 3 credit reports from annual credit report as suggested above. No scores, but free to pull weekly thru 4/2021, and are very comprehensive. This will also help you understand why your scores are low and which negative accounts need to be worked on to better improve your scores.

Credit wise does use TU and gives you Vantage Score 3.0, which no one uses. You need to know your Fico scores to better understand where you stand with creditors. A 620 Vantage score could be a Fico score of 500, 700, or anything in-between.

If your Fico score is 620, you will likely have a very hard time getting credit cards that are not predatory or secured. This is a sign to focus on the bad items on your credit and not to burn a bunch of hard inquiries applying aimlessly. Too many inquiries and you will just get flat out denials no matter what report is pulled.

An empty report does not mean you have good scores or any better chance at getting a credit card.

Also, it is a false sense of security that a lender on "pulls" one bureau. While they may give you a hard inquiry on 1 bureau (or 2 or 3), they may likely still do a soft inquiry on the other credit bureaus/reports and see whatever it is you are trying to hide, anyway.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i wanted to correct myself as someone pointed out above.

Cap 1 does report to all.

and what my confusion was is with Credit Wise that comes along with the cap1 card. 

it appears that it uses transunion. but when i go into my dispute section on TransUnion i dont see the 1 negative item on that report. 

where as when i log into disputes for Experian or just viewing my basic summary it shows the one negative

now when im in the Creditwise app it shows the one negative.

so im now assuming it uses a mixture of both reports and not just transunion like it leads you to believe 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i wanted to correct myself as someone pointed out above.

Cap 1 does report to all.

and what my confusion was is with Credit Wise that comes along with the cap1 card. 

it appears that it uses transunion. but when i go into my dispute section on TransUnion i dont see the 1 negative item on that report. 

where as when i log into disputes for Experian or just viewing my basic summary it shows the one negative

now when im in the Creditwise app it shows the one negative.

so im now assuming it uses a mixture of both reports and not just transunion like it leads you to believe 

I believe it will give you "updates" sometime via the other bureaus, but the reports themselves are exclusively from TU.

I do not care for most of the credit monitoring services reports. They can often display invorrectly or have partial and sometimes even innacurate info displayed - a misrepresentation of the real data. 

I orefer to pull my credit reports from annual credit report. It is free to pull weekly thru 4/2021 (no scores). These are the real deal and as comprehensive as you can find. No partial or misrepresented data.

You can also pull your TU credit report for free every 24 hours straight thru TU. This is the same report that you would get from annual credit report.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.