cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax does not have any record on me

tag
New Visitor

Equifax does not have any record on me

I recently tried to pull the credit report from Equifax, but Equifax just cannot find any record from me after i provided the personal information, and SSN. Meanwhile, I can pulled from other two credit company (TransUnion and Experian) and the information looks correct to me.

I have contacted Equifax, but the told me since they did not have any record on me, they could not start the dispute or investigation. 

I also contact my credit card banks (Chase, Amex, and BOA).

• Chase said they will try contacting Equifax and re-submit my credit card history, but it will take 30 business days
  • Amex said they will re-submit my credit card history
  • BOA said they did not report to Equifax at all

I also submited complaints to CFPB and BBB.

Is there any other things i can do (like finding a lawyer, will that help)? My main concern is that what if the banks upload the information correctly, but Equifax does not receieve, what i can do next? Any suggestion will really helps a lot!!

3 REPLIES 3
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax does not have any record on me

@466763052 

Does your name and address match when you pull credit with what creditors are reporting to the credit bureaus? Also if applicable do you have a generation code like JR or SR? This is not a better business bureau problem at  first glance. Also what actve credit accounts do you have IE credit card(s) auto loan etc.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 4
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Assuming these accounts you mentioned are old enough that by now they would be reporting to EQ....and assuming you were going directly to EQ to pull these reports that they failed to provide...

You can do two things...

1. Go to AnnualCreditReport.com and try running all three...you'll be asked a series of questions to verify you and then see what that produces
  2. If the accounts are old enough that they would have reported to EQ, you may have a Split File, meaning your data is going elsewhere and your own file is showing blank.  This will require them to research it so it's not so much a dispute nor is hiring a lawyer your next approach.  They may however ask you to submit everything through the mail.  You'll need to start with the step above and then if still necessary, call them and state you believe you have a split file and they'll instruct you on next steps.

Message 3 of 4
Sonic98
New Contributor

Have you tried signing up for Credit Karma? If I understand you correctly, Equifax is saying they can't even generate a credit report for you. I would say try signing up with Credit Karma or getting the 3 bureau report from Experian. There always seems to be a problem with one or the other. I used to always have problems with Experian and Equifax when I had multiple addresses on my report. When I would try to pull my annual credit report, it would not take one address or the other. I sometimes had to get a report separately by claiming I was recently denied credit. 

@cashorcharge wrote:

Assuming these accounts you mentioned are old enough that by now they would be reporting to EQ....and assuming you were going directly to EQ to pull these reports that they failed to provide...

You can do two things...

1. Go to AnnualCreditReport.com and try running all three...you'll be asked a series of questions to verify you and then see what that produces
  2. If the accounts are old enough that they would have reported to EQ, you may have a Split File, meaning your data is going elsewhere and your own file is showing blank.  This will require them to research it so it's not so much a dispute nor is hiring a lawyer your next approach.  They may however ask you to submit everything through the mail.  You'll need to start with the step above and then if still necessary, call them and state you believe you have a split file and they'll instruct you on next steps.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.