Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax has no record of me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax has no record of me

Hey all,

New to forum, working on building credit score up. I immigrated to the US from the UK last january. I have several credit cards, most notable ones are Bank of America, and 2 from Capital One, i also have an Auto loan lease with VW and I'm an authorized user on an American Express card. I can access both Transunion and Experian records on me.

I signed up to MyFico last week, but got stuck half way through and had to manually verify, called up and was told that Equifax weren't releasing information on me.

So i call Equifax, get told to email two docs to their email address, drivers & social. 5 days later, no response, get told to FAX it, so i do just that. Call back again 4 days later, no sign of fax documents, and apparently my "Record" hasn't been updated. Some reps tell me i have no record, others tell me i need to verify - i have no idea what's going on.

I've spoken to so many people at Equifax, none of them have a clue what the deal with my account is. One rep told me i have to call all my creditors and tell them to call Equifax Business Services, which i called BS on as the other bureaus have my informaiton.

Anyone been in a similar situation, or know what to do? I've searched around and information has been varied, also new to credit and understanding how this all works. I've seen a similar post to mine, but with no final resolution

Any advice appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax has no record of me

Is  the name address and  social security number (equivilant) then same as what you esed on my FICO Is ithe smae information your creditors are using for you?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.