Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian FICO Score Reliability?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian FICO Score Reliability?

I have a free account with Experian. The account shows my FICO 8 score at 685. How reliable is this score compared to what they would provide to creditors?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Experian FICO Score Reliability?

Experian legit
Message 2 of 11
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a free account with Experian. The account shows my FICO 8 score at 685. How reliable is this score compared to what they would provide to creditors?

Experian FICO scores are valid.   Lenders requesting FICO 8 Classic from Experian will receive that score;  but some lenders may request different FICO version from Experian -- ie. FICO Bankcard 8, Bankcard 3,  Bankcard 2,  FICO 9 Classic, and FICO Bankcard 9 -- which may differ from your FICO 8 Classic.

There's also your Experian FICO 2 (Mortgage Score), and FICO Auto Score 8,  FICO Auto Score 2, and FICO Auto Score 9.

Same goes for EQ and TU scores.   There are a total of 28 FICO versions that lender may request.   FICO 8 Classic is the most common - for now. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 11
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@thornback wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Experian FICO scores are valid.   Lenders requesting FICO 8 Classic from Experian will receive that score;  but some lenders may request different FICO version from Experian -- ie. FICO Bankcard 8, Bankcard 3,  Bankcard 2,  FICO 9 Classic, and FICO Bankcard 9 -- which may differ from your FICO 8 Classic.

There's also your Experian FICO 2 (Mortgage Score), and FICO Auto Score 8,  FICO Auto Score 2, and FICO Auto Score 9.

Same goes for EQ and TU scores.   There are a total of 28 FICO versions that lender may request.   FICO 8 Classic is the most common - for now. 

+1. In addition to what thornback provided above, the free score is provided every 30 days.  Your scores could change more than once between the time you received it and 30 days later. 

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 4 of 11
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Trudy wrote:

+1. In addition to what thornback provided above, the free score is provided every 30 days.  Your score could change more than once between the time you received it and 30 days later. 

Yesss - very important point to note.   Thanks for adding that, Trudy Smiley Wink 

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I am hoping to refinance my car loan in 6-12 months (currently have 11% interest, ouch). What is the best score to view that auto lenders will most likely use?
Message 6 of 11
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks. I am hoping to refinance my car loan in 6-12 months (currently have 11% interest, ouch). What is the best score to view that auto lenders will most likely use?

Probably one of your FICO Auto scores -- which version and from which bureau depends on the lender.    If you know which lender you'll be applying with, you can search the forum to see if you can find posts about which score was used / which bureau was pulled --  it may not be 100% accurate tho as lenders can change their score preferences whenever they choose. 

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. How do I pull the auto score? I have never seen that as an option.
Message 8 of 11
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

Myfico offers this as a paid option, either with a subscription or a one time fee.

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 9 of 11
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks. How do I pull the auto score? I have never seen that as an option.

I'm not entirely sure the free version of the Experian app offers the additional EX score versions aside from FICO 8.  If it does, on the mobile app, it is displayed when you click on the box on the homescreen that contains your FICO 8 score and the number of positive and negative factors affecting your score.  On the website, it would be listed under 'Additional FICO Scores'.    The paid version definitely offers the other FICO versions -- a total of 6 additional scores (FICO 9s not included). 

The only way to see all of your FICO Auto scores for all three bureaus, including your FICO 9 Auto scores, is by purchasing a 3-Bureau report from myFICO.com.  -- you'll get all FICO versions for all 3 bureaus.

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.