Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Not Updating Statement after Two Weeks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Not Updating Statement after Two Weeks

Hi all - So my Barclay's statement cuts on the 8th every month. I paid down a big balance to get it to zero and it updated immediaitely the next day on Equifax and TransUnion, but we're going on 12 days now and Experian still does not show the update. Anyone else havingi problems with Experian? This is a big statement that I need to show on all three reports. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pt91978
Regular Contributor

Re: Experian Not Updating Statement after Two Weeks

I do.  I settled for less than full on 2 of my CO Capital One account since September '19.  Both TU and EQ updated those accounts to $0 balance.  However, EX still shows account past due w/ the full amount to this day.  I called Capital One today to dispute and was told by the rep to call EX.  Which I did, and EX created a dispute for me, and have an estimated resolution date of May 20, 2020. 

Maybe you should give EX a call to dispute or dispute online.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The issue with that though is then I'll have a remark on my account and I've already gone through the process of getting a couple other remarks removed since i'm going to be applying for a mortgage next month. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping this. I am really at my wits end here...other credit cards have updated regularly on Experian. I called Barclays two days ago and requested a manual update, which they did. And still, nada. Why would a card simply not report to Experian for a month? I'm so confused, I have no idea what to do to get this through. It's a major difference in my utilization. Any suggestions? Experian obviously said there was nothing they could do. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another bump! Going on three weeks. This literally is insane, I have tried everything. At this point is there anything I can do besides just waiting/hoping for the statement to generate in the May bill?

Message 5 of 7
AI_JMV
Regular Contributor

You could have disputed this, which would have forced an update by now.  Either put the dispute in, or ask your mortgage officer for a rapid rescore with proof of balance. 

Sept 2022 EQ-825 TU-840 EX-830
UTIL: 1%
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AI_JMV wrote:

You could have disputed this, which would have forced an update by now.  Either put the dispute in, or ask your mortgage officer for a rapid rescore with proof of balance. 

Thanks for the suggestion. Issue with that, however, is when you file a dispute with Experian and select 'balance incorrect' it doesn't even let you proceed and says to await for the creditor to update the balance. I could have disputed for another reason but then that adds another wrinkle into the mix and who knows how long that would take to get settled. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.