cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian deleted SSN?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Experian deleted SSN?

Thanks in advance for your help! I did see some topics about this from many years ago, but nothing recent.

 

I disputed some incorrect name variations, and it looks like somehow correct Social Security Number was deleted in the process.

 

Should I start another dispute to add back the Social Security Number? 

 

Any other suggestions? Is this a big deal?

 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian deleted SSN?

Call and ask for a supervisor. I had this happen once. I had to send ID and SS card because rep messed up. Major things on reports, I ALWAYS ask for supervisor. Don't dispute!!

Message 2 of 11
Highlighted
Epic Contributor

Re: Experian deleted SSN?

I would go with @blindambition's advice ... it is very solidSmiley Happy

popcorn eating emoticon.gif

Message 3 of 11
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian deleted SSN?


@M_Smart007 wrote:

I would go with @blindambition's advice ... it is very solidSmiley Happy


@M_Smart007 When you're just a number, that number better be right. 😂 

Message 4 of 11
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Experian deleted SSN?

Thanks for your help!

 

I guess I was a little confused as the past replies to a similar issue (dispute incorrect name spelling and SSN ended up getting deleted with Experian) seemed to imply this was nothing to worry about. For example,

 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/YIKES-Did-Experian-really-just-delete-my-SSN/...

 

"So I called them today & the CSR basically said that any time you get anything tied to the SSN deleted/changed(like a name variation), it will automatically add the outcome that your SSN was deleted. Confusing if you don't know beforehand it's going to happen. Anyways, they said everything is fine & I shouldn't be worried."

 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Experian-Screwed-Up-Big-Time/td-p/5823965

 

"SS # is actually number 6 for ID in a credit report, name and address are primary, they can fine you with just these 2. I would not even worry about this it will be re-reported by your creditors."

 

Thanks!

Message 5 of 11
Highlighted
Epic Contributor

Re: Experian deleted SSN?

@yourficouser, Glad you got it all starightened outSmiley Happy

popcorn eating emoticon.gif

Message 6 of 11
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Experian deleted SSN?

Thanks, but I'm still confused.


Do I need to call and ask for a supervisor as per blindambition's reply and make sure that the SSN gets readded?

 

Or not do much at all as per the prior posts that I referenced, that said it isn't a big deal with Experian?

 

Thanks!

Message 7 of 11
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Experian deleted SSN?

From my understanding the primary Social Security number is not shown and if you see any, those are typically additional or variations; that’s what I was told once by a CSR, but that does not make it true, lol.
-Our Community’s updated scoring wisdom: Link to Scoring Primer.
-For Negative Reason Codes see: CassieCard’s Score Factors thread.
-ccquest’s workbook to calculate metrics for you: Link to Workbook.

Oct 2020 New Account Scorecard.Nov 2020, No New Account Scorecard (reassignment conflated with aging. EX9 not updated yet. Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.


RIP:
(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 8 of 11
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian deleted SSN?


@blindambition wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I would go with @blindambition's advice ... it is very solidSmiley Happy


@M_Smart007When you're just a number, that number better be right. 😂 


BOOM!  That is dead on correct advice if I ever received any!  +1M

Current as of October 3rd
TCL $129.6 - 7%UTL $22.2K - Remaining SL Balance
FICO 08 EQ722, TU723, EX728 || Mortgage Scores: EQ 724, Tu 694, EX 722

PSECU $30K || CHASE $9.6K || NAVYFED $66.1K || DISCOVER $20.9 || Store CC $3k CL soon to be closed

Restarted my rebuild in April 2018
(1) Unpaid CO from 2015 - Paid Aug 2020
17 Open acounts 6 closed
9 Open loans / 2 Closed || DTI 4.3%
AOYRA (2) at 13 months || AoOA (2) at 23 years || AAoA 9.9years AAoRA Calculating months

Inquiries: 0/6 0/12 4/24 - EQ/TU/EX (0 / 3 / 1)
- I am experimenting with scores...and it is not working in my favor yet!

Dirty/Thick/Aged/ No New Acoounts

Message 9 of 11
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian deleted SSN?


@yourficouser wrote:

Thanks for your help!

 

I guess I was a little confused as the past replies to a similar issue (dispute incorrect name spelling and SSN ended up getting deleted with Experian) seemed to imply this was nothing to worry about. For example,

 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/YIKES-Did-Experian-really-just-delete-my-SSN/...

 

"So I called them today & the CSR basically said that any time you get anything tied to the SSN deleted/changed(like a name variation), it will automatically add the outcome that your SSN was deleted. Confusing if you don't know beforehand it's going to happen. Anyways, they said everything is fine & I shouldn't be worried."

 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Experian-Screwed-Up-Big-Time/td-p/5823965

 

"SS # is actually number 6 for ID in a credit report, name and address are primary, they can fine you with just these 2. I would not even worry about this it will be re-reported by your creditors."

 

Thanks!


It is true that I will be re-reported by creditors.

Current as of October 3rd
TCL $129.6 - 7%UTL $22.2K - Remaining SL Balance
FICO 08 EQ722, TU723, EX728 || Mortgage Scores: EQ 724, Tu 694, EX 722

PSECU $30K || CHASE $9.6K || NAVYFED $66.1K || DISCOVER $20.9 || Store CC $3k CL soon to be closed

Restarted my rebuild in April 2018
(1) Unpaid CO from 2015 - Paid Aug 2020
17 Open acounts 6 closed
9 Open loans / 2 Closed || DTI 4.3%
AOYRA (2) at 13 months || AoOA (2) at 23 years || AAoA 9.9years AAoRA Calculating months

Inquiries: 0/6 0/12 4/24 - EQ/TU/EX (0 / 3 / 1)
- I am experimenting with scores...and it is not working in my favor yet!

Dirty/Thick/Aged/ No New Acoounts

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.