Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian deleted SSN?

tag
yourficouser
Contributor

Experian deleted SSN?

Thanks in advance for your help! I did see some topics about this from many years ago, but nothing recent.

I disputed some incorrect name variations, and it looks like somehow correct Social Security Number was deleted in the process.

Should I start another dispute to add back the Social Security Number? 

Any other suggestions? Is this a big deal?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian deleted SSN?

Call and ask for a supervisor. I had this happen once. I had to send ID and SS card because rep messed up. Major things on reports, I ALWAYS ask for supervisor. Don't dispute!!

Message 2 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I would go with @blindambition's advice ... it is very solidSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@M_Smart007 When you're just a number, that number better be right. 😂 

Message 4 of 11
yourficouser
Contributor

Thanks for your help!

I guess I was a little confused as the past replies to a similar issue (dispute incorrect name spelling and SSN ended up getting deleted with Experian) seemed to imply this was nothing to worry about. For example,

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/YIKES-Did-Experian-really-just-delete-my-SSN/...

"So I called them today & the CSR basically said that any time you get anything tied to the SSN deleted/changed(like a name variation), it will automatically add the outcome that your SSN was deleted. Confusing if you don't know beforehand it's going to happen. Anyways, they said everything is fine & I shouldn't be worried."

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Experian-Screwed-Up-Big-Time/td-p/5823965

"SS # is actually number 6 for ID in a credit report, name and address are primary, they can fine you with just these 2. I would not even worry about this it will be re-reported by your creditors."

Thanks!

Message 5 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@yourficouser, Glad you got it all starightened outSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
yourficouser
Contributor

Thanks, but I'm still confused.

Do I need to call and ask for a supervisor as per blindambition's reply and make sure that the SSN gets readded?

Or not do much at all as per the prior posts that I referenced, that said it isn't a big deal with Experian?

Thanks!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my understanding the primary Social Security number is not shown and if you see any, those are typically additional or variations; that’s what I was told once by a CSR, but that does not make it true, lol.
Message 8 of 11
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@M_Smart007When you're just a number, that number better be right. 😂 

BOOM!  That is dead on correct advice if I ever received any!  +1M

Message 9 of 11
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@yourficouser wrote:

Thanks for your help!

I guess I was a little confused as the past replies to a similar issue (dispute incorrect name spelling and SSN ended up getting deleted with Experian) seemed to imply this was nothing to worry about. For example,

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/YIKES-Did-Experian-really-just-delete-my-SSN/...

"So I called them today & the CSR basically said that any time you get anything tied to the SSN deleted/changed(like a name variation), it will automatically add the outcome that your SSN was deleted. Confusing if you don't know beforehand it's going to happen. Anyways, they said everything is fine & I shouldn't be worried."

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Experian-Screwed-Up-Big-Time/td-p/5823965

"SS # is actually number 6 for ID in a credit report, name and address are primary, they can fine you with just these 2. I would not even worry about this it will be re-reported by your creditors."

Thanks!

It is true that I will be re-reported by creditors.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.