Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 9

tag
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

FICO 9

I wonder if lenders are going to start using FICO 9 more anytime soon? With this version, I am only TWO points away from 700 Smiley Happy

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: FICO 9

@CashBackQueen wrote:

I wonder if lenders are going to start using FICO 9 more anytime soon? With this version, I am only TWO points away from 700 Smiley Happy

You never know. I wouldn't mind if they did because all my Fico 9 scores are higher than my other scores (classic, auto,bankcard,mortgage).

Message 2 of 24
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@CashBackQueen  Some lenders are already using 09. Navy Federal TU 09, PenFed EQ 09 and I think Wells Fargo EX 09. 

I prefer 09 as well. Someone stated that 09 doesn't count paid collections against you. I have two CA and my 08s are 3-20 pts lower that my 09s. More lenders need to come around!! 

Best of luck on your journey to 700! 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 24
ccquest
Established Contributor

Doubtful, if they haven't switched already it's probably because of the cost or the lack of significant difference. I'd think 10 with the trend information might be big enough to justify changing systems if they really found any issues with 8 for their purposes.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 4 of 24
dumaine
Regular Contributor

PNC gives a monthly Fico 9 EX report so I guess they are using it. Looks like my EX 09 is about 15 points  or so less than my EX 08

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 8s and 9s have always been very close.  I found 9s a little harder to max out on the top end than 8s.

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My F9's are about 60pts higher than my 8's, but then again, my 8'a are actually my lowest scores. 

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess when discussing these scores relative to one another it would make the most sense to state the 3 basics about your file such as clean/dirty, thick/thin, aged/young for comparison purposes.

For example, my 8s ran [slightly] higher than my 9s on a clean/thick/aged file.  The 9s finally caught up after my 8s maxed out.

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. My file is dirty/thick/aged. My 8 delinquencies are 90 day late student loan payments. They  should fall off <12 months. Not to get too much in the weeds but I lost about 25 points on F8 when I deleted an au account. The reason given was not enough accounts paid on time. I think my 9's are somewhat similar to my mortgage scores- limiting the # of accounts with balances and inquiries helps those scores a lot. 

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newmomnewme wrote:

@CashBackQueen  Some lenders are already using 09. Navy Federal TU 09, PenFed EQ 09 and I think Wells Fargo EX 09. 

I prefer 09 as well. Someone stated that 09 doesn't count paid collections against you. I have two CA and my 08s are 3-20 pts lower that my 09s. More lenders need to come around!! 

Best of luck on your journey to 700! 

@newmomnewme that's true version 9 does not count paid collections and medical collections are weighted less. Version 8 does not count collections under $100.

when discussing the changes we should also discuss the fourth segmentation Metric: new account or no new account. 

And for dirty Accounts, they should be described as: recent delinquency, mature delinquency, recent PR, or mature PR Scorecard, I believe.

Thick/thin, young/mature, and new account/no new account do not apply to scorecard assignment for dirty cards.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.