Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Security Verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FNBO Security Verification

Interesting ... FNBO implemented a new security for their online banking. Ended up locked out and contacted them. To verify me they used data from Amazon that was greater than ten years old as my current information. Informed the CSR that all the data they had did not apply to me for ten years and I had been with FNBO for sometime.

Blew my mind as what does Amazon have to do with verifications??? Anyway the CSR was allowed to call me on my listed home telephone after I got a verification code from my e-mail and read it back to him when he called.

FNBO is using an elephant gun to shoot a flea! Read around this Forum about some interesting verifications and I thought using Amazon was a new one at least to me.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FNBO Security Verification

Yeah once a week you have to get a code by email or text, Im not pleased with all these systems, this isnt the only bank that requires this stuff, have been weighing just going back to the old fashioned way of receiving statement in the mail and paying via push from my bank account and terminate all online service for my cards.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Yeah once a week you have to get a code by email or text, Im not pleased with all these systems, this isnt the only bank that requires this stuff, have been weighing just going back to the old fashioned way of receiving statement in the mail and paying via push from my bank account and terminate all online service for my cards.

Glad you posted as I have been pretty frustrated with the whole FNBO thing (yes - and other lenders too). Actually did think about paper statements and checks myself. Wondered in the world today do we have to regress for progress? Too much! Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Glad you posted as I have been pretty frustrated with the whole FNBO thing (yes - and other lenders too). Actually did think about paper statements and checks myself. Wondered in the world today do we have to regress for progress? Too much! Smiley Mad

You can thank all the worlds thieves for the online experiments slow roll failure and make no mistake the web will end up a fad like everything else..

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.