Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI cap one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI cap one

FYI for anyone who has a cap one card be it quicksilver venture etc , the underwriting dept is making calls to people offering a reduced APR of 1.9%. I got a call today but wasn't eligible because my balance isn't $3000.
But if u have a card, have a higher balance & are in good standing they're offering for limited time.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Re: FYI cap one

Good to know! Unfortunately/Fortunately I have 2 cards with them but zero balance

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I told the lady my balance was only $100 between 2 cards and she didn't sound happy. What can I say I pay multiple times a month 🤷‍♀️
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah I told the lady my balance was only $100 between 2 cards and she didn't sound happy. What can I say I pay multiple times a month 🤷‍♀️

How is it they know to contact you but can't see your balance is below threshold? This sounds very odd. I'd be careful. 

Message 4 of 9
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
FYI for anyone who has a cap one card be it quicksilver venture etc , the underwriting dept is making calls to people offering a reduced APR of 1.9%. I got a call today but wasn't eligible because my balance isn't $3000.
But if u have a card, have a higher balance & are in good standing they're offering for limited time.

This sounds really fishy. There are plenty of scams out there claiming this type of thing and ask for your full card numbers, etc. 

Any bank calling you to reduce an APR would already know if you were eligible. I'd be very careful with this. Banks don't have outbound teams that just call a list of customers with no pre-qualifications already uncovered. Some scams say "we work with all banks", but that doesn't mean they could easily say "We work for Capital One"..if it's legit, sounds great, but letting them know you have a balance over $3,000 just means "I have a credit limit of at least $3,000"

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How is it they know to contact you but can't see your balance is below threshold? This sounds very odd. I'd be careful. 

Immediately what I thought.  Hopefully OP didn't divulge any information..

Message 6 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This sounds really fishy. There are plenty of scams out there claiming this type of thing and ask for your full card numbers, etc. 

Any bank calling you to reduce an APR would already know if you were eligible. I'd be very careful with this. Banks don't have outbound teams that just call a list of customers with no pre-qualifications already uncovered. Some scams say "we work with all banks", but that doesn't mean they could easily say "We work for Capital One"..if it's legit, sounds great, but letting them know you have a balance over $3,000 just means "I have a credit limit of at least $3,000"

+1

Something about this seems 'off' to me as well.

Moving the thread to 'General Credit' for additional exposure.

--UB

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a call yesterday with a pre-recorded message saying this is your credit card company.

We know you have a balances and we can offer to consolidate to 0%

(not exact wording but close enough)

SO i pressed the button to speak with someone

(knowing it was a scam)

I got an operator, and he said do you want to consolidate for 6%?

I said huh, 6% that is funny the recording said 0%

and he said no, no, no 6%

I gave him an earful saying it is a silly scam, but what makes it even more silly is

that it is a scam within a scam, and a total joke.

(then I told him some foul language and asked if he was happy with his job)

HE went on saing 6% to save money, la, la, la

(didnt help that he had a foreign accent, and was barely understandable)

Note to everyone: there are many scams out there, many.

Do not get caught up in ANY.

Very smart people get these happening, but normally incompetent employees to hopefully

help with not understanding fully so many people will end up hanging up.

Cap1 will def know your account before they call you!  **bleep**?

Message 8 of 9
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You could have told her what you spend in a month. That way, she would have been impressed. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.