Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FactorTrust Credit Report DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FactorTrust Credit Report DPs

In light of all the Apple Card apps and approvals/denials, it has been brought to light that people are having reports pulled from FactorTrust, which is apparently a loan-accented reporting sub-bureau of TransUnion. Due to this, and because Apple is the FOTM and it’s likely that many are having this report checked, I thought it would be a good opportunity to collect some DPs on this little-known bureau.

Reports are free annually or if declined for credit based on a FT report, and you can get yours by registering at www.factortrust.com, which everyone should do just to check and see. One MFer I spoke with checked hers and found someone had tried getting a loan in her name a couple years back, which was her first knowledge of that.

I pulled mine and was surprised by two things - one, they had almost nothing in the report. No address, no bank account, no employer, no files or history. What was surprising to me and which I didn’t realize was that on 4/3/2019, Synchrony pulled my FT report during the approval process for my Lowe’s card. With this bureau just now getting known and noticed, it might be beneficial for others to chime in with other banks or lenders who have pulled their FT reports. This might me a more widespread-popular report than we’re aware of.

Anyone else who is willing, please drop info and DPs such as completeness of info they have collected on you and anyone who has pulled your reports. It may help someone down the road.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: FactorTrust Credit Report DPs

DPs

They can't verify me grrrrrrrrr

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did think their questions were different from the usual - asking me who on a list of people owned property in Fredericksburg for example. My brother closed on a house there two weeks ago. They already know this...

I don’t think I like them very much. That’s pretty invasive.
Message 3 of 23
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Factor Trust has me doing a dispute.

Some Fool in North Carolina, 2017, tried to take out a "Payday" loan in my name with a NC address.  My scores were probably low 500's or high 400's at that time, hahahaha!!!!!

I don't have any tl's, work, nothing personal listed nor is my address listed on the report.

However I did see that Synchrony did 3 "Account Reviews" on me in March and April 2019. Listed as "Transunion/Synchrony Finance" I would guess those reviews were for WalmartMC, Lowe's Advantage, and QVC.

@Jnbmom

I guessed at one of the verification questions and was able to get through. It was an incomplete address, just my former work P.O Box ### (no numbers, city or state) and the other options were for addresses in SC and NC.  I live in GA, always have.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Couldm't find me which I find strange as oldest account is over 27 years old and tons of TL's whether CC's, car, house, etc.... Granted I have a Freeze on TU report, but never stopped me from getting my normal TU report.  Wonder why I wouldn't have a FT file or just a bug.. Who knows and I suppose I dont care as long as TU has my info and the other 2 cra's

Message 5 of 23
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I did think their questions were different from the usual - asking me who on a list of people owned property in Fredericksburg for example. My brother closed on a house there two weeks ago. They already know this...

I don’t think I like them very much. That’s pretty invasive.

It asked me who on a list of peole owned property in Texas (I'm in NC, but I have relatives in TX)... I didn't recognize any names on the list, however, my files have been tangled up with a lot of other people I don't know (thanks, fraud) for a while.  Luckily, I still got in.

I, likewise, do not like them very much.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 6 of 23
calyx
Super Contributor

DPs:
Has my name/social/DOB and that's it.
No addresses, licenses, employers, trades, public records, promo inq, etc.  No security freeze either (I have a fraud alert on TU, so I guess they don't 'share' info with their own subsidiary).

It does have an 'Account Review' from SyncFinance, the day after I was approved for a retail card.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 7 of 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Could not find me. Shrug. 

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing on file. 

Sync pulled twice on 2/11, GS pulled 8/7 and 8/8. 

I didn’t apply for any accounts with Sync on 2/11 so I guess they pulled for both Amazon and PayPal at that time. 

Also interesting — 8/7 was a day before I got my invite to apply for the Apple Card, 8/8 was the day I applied. 

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

Could not find me. Shrug. 

Same! 

Hubs had a file with nada in it though.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.