cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fastest access to my first ever FICO score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fastest access to my first ever FICO score?

I opened my first CC in May and now have three (Amex new Gold, Discovery IT and BoA cash rewards). As the age of an account is backdated to the first day of the opening month, my credit history should turn 6 months old tomorrow, November 1. This is the day I have been waiting for after finding this forum and learning so much!

Up until now, CreditKarma has only shown Vantage 3.0 scores, and the bank/card accounts are stating that no FICO score is available, as expected.  So my question is: will the FICO score on any of the CRs magically appear somwhere overnight and what is the fastest way to get hold of the update?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fastest access to my first ever FICO score?

@Anonymous wrote:

I opened my first CC in May and now have three (Amex new Gold, Discovery IT and BoA cash rewards). As the age of an account is backdated to the first day of the opening month, my credit history should turn 6 months old tomorrow, November 1. This is the day I have been waiting for after finding this forum and learning so much!

Up until now, CreditKarma has only shown Vantage 3.0 scores, and the bank/card accounts are stating that no FICO score is available, as expected.  So my question is: will the FICO score on any of the CRs magically appear somwhere overnight and what is the fastest way to get hold of the update?

The three major credit reporting agencies update at midnight Pacific Time so you should be able to pull your scores shortly thereafter.

But I hope for your sake that you aren't disappointed.  Only Experian uses the first of the month as the account creation date, TransUnion and Equifax use the actual date.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - TU is better than nothing. Will CK be able to pull and update the proper TU FICO overnight too though?

Message 3 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The three major credit reporting agencies update at midnight Pacific Time so you should be able to pull your scores shortly thereafter.

But I hope for your sake that you aren't disappointed.  Only Experian uses the first of the month as the account creation date, TransUnion and Equifax use the actual date.

He will have scores on TU and EQ, also.

Regardless of account opening date, a card is a month old on the following 1st of the month. 

Even if TU shows opening date as 05/31, it's a month old on 06/01 for aging purposes. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks - TU is better than nothing. Will CK be able to pull and update the proper TU FICO overnight too though?

Credkit Karma will always be Vantage score, never FICO score.

You can try to get the free Experian score from Discover to see if it update.

https://www.creditscorecard.com/

Message 5 of 11
Malcono
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CK will only give you the Vantage score.

Only way to get your actual numbers is through the actual CRAs.

Creditchecktotal has a nice trial for $1, as long as you remember to cancel before 7 days.

I would recommend using that for your scores.

Total Credit: $107,000Utilization: 1%AAoA: 2yrs, 4mthsAoOA: 3yrs, 1mthAoYA: 1yrs, 10mthsBaddies: 0

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No.  Credit Karma only shows Vantage Score 3 scores and cannot pull nor display FICO scores.  

You can obtain three-bureau FICO scores here at MyFICO,  from Experian, or from its subsidiary Credit Check Total.  Other CRAs may I have FICO scores available but I'm not aware of them.  I know that strangely TransUnion has a subscription service that provides Vantage Scores but apparently it makes its FICO scores available to Experian and CCT and some lenders.  Some credit cards will give you a single FICO score but there are only a limited number of places where you can get scores for all three credit reporting agencies. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

He will have scores on TU and EQ, also.

Regardless of account opening date, a card is a month old on the following 1st of the month. 

Even if TU shows opening date as 05/31, it's a month old on 06/01 for aging purposes. 

I certainly hope so.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input. I gather that the banks (Discovery, Amex, BoA) each provide FICO scores from a selected CR too, but only monthly? So only way to get an early look of all three scores tomorrow would be the paid options or free trial, correct?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strictly speaking CCT does not give you a free trial.  It costs a buck, which is almost free.

Personally if I were you'd wait until Nov 2 to pull your scores from CCT, rather than pushing it to 1 am Pacific Time Nov 1.  If one or more of the CRAs needs an extra day you'll have to use a different (and much more expensive) tool.

As far as free sources of monthly FICO 8 scores, many credit cards offer those:

TU: Barclay, Bank of America, Discover, Walmart, etc.

EQ: Citi (Bankcard Enhanced flavor)

EX: Amex, Chase Slate

And there are a number of web sites that offer free monthly EX FICO 8 scores:

creditscore.com

Experian

There are other sources of free FICO scores... the above is just a sample.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.