Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico score discrepancy?

tag
Gypsy2
Valued Member

Fico score discrepancy?

So confused...
Fico 8 score show 626 for experian. fico 2,34,5 ....all show close to or under 625.
Just applied for cap 1 and was approved and the approval showed they pulled experian and listed my score as 659?? How does that happen?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
hernaemm90
New Contributor

Re: Fico score discrepancy?

@Gypsy2 wrote:
So confused...
Fico 8 score show 626 for experian. fico 2,34,5 ....all show close to or under 625.
Just applied for cap 1 and was approved and the approval showed they pulled experian and listed my score as 659?? How does that happen?

Where are you getting your scores from?

Also, when Capital One approved you and gave you a score did they tell you which scoring model they used?

Message 2 of 6
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

I’m curious about this as well, because I use the Experian app to get all my scores and lenders will often state a higher score than anything I’ve seen on the app!

Message 3 of 6
Gypsy2
Valued Member

I looked at my scores on myFICO and then went to experian.com and double checked it because they did say they pulled experian🤔....they did not tell me what score model was used
Message 4 of 6
Gypsy2
Valued Member

I wondered if I was the only one!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anywhere that a score is provided there should be a scoring model referenced to go along with it.  This is usually near the score, at the bottom of the page where the score is in the fine print, or in a FAQ.  If you can't find it anywhere, I'd call the lender and just ask.  A provided score without the scoring model used is in many ways very useless and 100% useless if you're attempting to compare it to another score.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.