Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time over 700!!! (temporarily)

tag
FirstAscent
Regular Contributor

First time over 700!!! (temporarily)

As I continue to do all I can to rebuild my credit, as of today, this is the first time not only one has been in the 700's but all THREE! I'm pretty friggin excited!

EQ - 715 (jumped +37 today)

TU - 704 (jumped +26 today)

EX - 718 (jumped +33 today)

As excited as I am, I realize this is a temporary jump but it's still a good thing. I got a glimpse of what I'm currently potentially capable of. Here's why Smiley Happy I had recently got a new NFCU platinum card for the 1.99% balance transfer. The NFCU card hasn't posted to the bureaus yet and today the third (last) card of my balance transfers updated to the bureaus and all old cards went from about 85% to 1%. So this is why it's temporary, it'll drop back down a little once NFCU updates to the bureas. I'm hoping to have that one card paid down to under 68.9% before the next statement cycle (March 2nd) just in case it updates after that so hopefully won't get as big of a hit.

I'm just excited because all my negatives are pretty old:

basically one collection about to fall off in a year. TU has an extra collection but hoping to get that removed early next month, next month will be 6 months early. 

I do have some old late payments on student loans, but my latest late payment was at least 3+ years old so it's hopefully starting to have less and less affect. 

But that fact that I know simply with utilization I can be in the 700's for the first time EVER in my life is pretty epic!

Current Score: EQ 708 | TU ??? | EX 714
Score highs: EQ 715 | TU 704 | EX 718 (02/2020)
Starting Score: EQ 616 | TU 614 | EX 585 (02/18/2018)
Goal Score: 740
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: First time over 700!!! (temporarily)

Congratulations!   That's a huge milestone and, though temporarily temporary, just knowing your scoring potential means all the world -- big confidence booster.  And just think... it's very likely that by the time you do get your debt paid off your scores may be even higher than +700s you see at this moment - exciting stuff to look forward to Smiley Wink

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 19
FirstAscent
Regular Contributor

Thanks! and yeah exactly, when I do have the debt paid down more, more time will have passed which means more potential baddies to be further away and more positive data!

I feel like I have a good handle on everything now and it's a good feeling to not be stressed about any new bad things. just continuing down this path and waiting for the baddies to some day be fully gone!

Also is a good example of how much utilization plays into all of this and if you have high utilization how much of an impact you can expect once it goes down. But of course everyones profile is different so YMMV. 

I'm sure there's people with solid profiles and ONLY high utilization where it has less of an impact on them.

But due to timing, this is as realistic of a "simulation" as it gets haha. 

Current Score: EQ 708 | TU ??? | EX 714
Score highs: EQ 715 | TU 704 | EX 718 (02/2020)
Starting Score: EQ 616 | TU 614 | EX 585 (02/18/2018)
Goal Score: 740
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, OP! Temporary or not, it deserves recognition as your scores will rise again! 👍

Message 4 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

A Peek over the fence, well done OPSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!

Message 6 of 19
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!  As noted above, it should be celebrated and you've done the work and now you know what it takes.  You're going to have to change your Goal Score.  Been there done that Smiley Happy

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 7 of 19
newfossil
Valued Contributor

congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 8 of 19
donkort
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Yep.....keeping down utilization is the key....

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 9 of 19
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@FirstAscent wrote:

As I continue to do all I can to rebuild my credit, as of today, this is the first time not only one has been in the 700's but all THREE! I'm pretty friggin excited!

EQ - 715 (jumped +37 today)

TU - 704 (jumped +26 today)

EX - 718 (jumped +33 today)

As excited as I am, I realize this is a temporary jump but it's still a good thing. I got a glimpse of what I'm currently potentially capable of. Here's why Smiley Happy I had recently got a new NFCU platinum card for the 1.99% balance transfer. The NFCU card hasn't posted to the bureaus yet and today the third (last) card of my balance transfers updated to the bureaus and all old cards went from about 85% to 1%. So this is why it's temporary, it'll drop back down a little once NFCU updates to the bureas. I'm hoping to have that one card paid down to under 68.9% before the next statement cycle (March 2nd) just in case it updates after that so hopefully won't get as big of a hit.

I'm just excited because all my negatives are pretty old:

basically one collection about to fall off in a year. TU has an extra collection but hoping to get that removed early next month, next month will be 6 months early. 

I do have some old late payments on student loans, but my latest late payment was at least 3+ years old so it's hopefully starting to have less and less affect. 

But that fact that I know simply with utilization I can be in the 700's for the first time EVER in my life is pretty epic!

Temporary or not that's some celebratory type stuff. It's so true that utilization has a large and fast effect on credit scores.

If a person needs to increase their credit score fast all they have to do is reduce their individual credit utilization which will reduce their aggregate utilization and when all is done and reported the higher scores will materialize.

Seeing what score improvement you could possibly get is a great motivator and that insider information will help you in the future when you decide to app for something.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.