Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Question

tag
idream4success
Established Member

General Question

Hi evrybody, this is Idream coming at you live from starbucks!. Hate the coffee Luv the cookies (my girlfriend works here) I just wanted to know If there was a way to get the a approximate date that things fall off your report. Sorry in advance if there is a thread on the subject. Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 596
Current Score: 669
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

City Of Brotherly Love.... and choke artist pro teams.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: General Question

Yes, you can approximate your derogatives fall-off date.The fall-off date is 7 years + 180 days from the date of first delinquency. So you first gotta recollect your DoFD of your negative account(s) then add 7 yrs and 180 days to it, and you have your fall-off date.

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Message 2 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@idream4success wrote:

Hi evrybody, this is Idream coming at you live from starbucks!. Hate the coffee Luv the cookies (my girlfriend works here) I just wanted to know If there was a way to get the a approximate date that things fall off your report. Sorry in advance if there is a thread on the subject. Smiley Sad

It depends on what type of negative you're talking about. Collections and charge offs can report for up to 7.5 years from the DoFD (Date of First Delinquency) on the OC (Original Creditor) account that led to the collection or charge off.

Late payments can only report for 7 years from each individual date of delinquency.

Liens, judgments, bankruptcies, defaulted student loans etc. might even even a different reporting time period.

So what type of negative are you concerned with?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 7
idream4success
Established Member

Sadly a repo from 2005 and an old charge off from PSECU in 2004  which I have been trying to pay off for the better part of a year now. Thank both of you for your answers.

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Charge-offs are controlled by FCRA 605(c), and are based on only one date-certain.  That date is your date of first delinquency (DOFD) on your account with the OC.

DOFD is defined as the date of your first delinquency that occured in the most recent chain of delinquencies preceding the charge-off.  For example, if you were deliquent on the account in, say, May 2009, that became your DOFD.  However, if you later brought the account back into good standing, and then had a new first delinquency in Sept 2009, which led to a later charge-off, your DOFD would be Sept. 2009.  Add 7 years plus 180-days to that date-certain, and that is the latest date that the CO can continue to be included in your CR.

Repos come under the "any other adverse item of information" category of FCRA 605(a)(5), and have a CR exclusion date of 7 years from the date of occurence of the adverse item.  If the adverse item reported was the repo, the date of the repo would begin the 7 year clock.  DOFD is irrelevant to the expiration of any item other than a collection or charge-off.

Message 5 of 7
idream4success
Established Member

Thanks for the response I really appreciate them all. These forums are filled with knowledge. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 7
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Even tho you know the dates something should drop off your CR,  Your actual CR's may say something different.

So you should check your CR's to see, if they have the correct dates.

EXand TU CR's will have the drop off dates. EQ CR doesnt show drop off dates, but does show the actual DoFD.

Go to annualcreditreport.com to pull your free CR's. You can pull 1 CR from each of the CRA's every 12mos.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.