Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Rant on TransUnion

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

General Rant on TransUnion

Hi all, this is just a general rant about TransUnion and their timely, or should I say "lack of", timely updates. 

Every month for the last few years, my Discover would update on the 3rd to TU, my Rooms To Go Synchryony would update on the 9th and my student loan in the 11th. 

It was amazingly consistent. Loved it. 

Well, last month I paid those three accounts off - before their due dates, hoping to catch the update afterwards so my report would

show them paid off. 

Well, go figure this month that not a single account on my TU report has updated since 2/28/21. Not just those mentioned above, but any of them. 

Experian and Equifax updated on schedule, no issues. 

What gives?

End Rant. 

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: General Rant on TransUnion

@Ficoproblems247  is really good at this stuff 

Message 2 of 69
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

I second that 👍

Message 3 of 69
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I second that 👍

You guys! Noooooo! I already read this thread earlier and had flashbacks. I chuckled and died on my inside at the same time.

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 69
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:

Hi all, this is just a general rant about TransUnion and their timely, or should I say "lack of", timely updates. 

Every month for the last few years, my Discover would update on the 3rd to TU, my Rooms To Go Synchryony would update on the 9th and my student loan in the 11th. 

Well, last month I paid those three accounts off - before their due dates, hoping to catch the update afterwards so my report would

show them paid off. 

Well, go figure this month that not a single account on my TU report has updated since 2/28/21. Not just those mentioned above, but any of them. 

What gives?

End Rant. 

Hey @0REDSOX7 , what interface are you using to pull your reports? Like CK, myFICO, EX? Is 2/28/21 the date it shows that your TU report was last refreshed on?

TCL $199,800
Message 5 of 69
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Well, first it was Credit Karma. Then I used myFico. 

finally I said to heck with it and used my annualcreditreport directly from TU and sure enough, no updates at all. 

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 6 of 69
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:

Well, first it was Credit Karma. Then I used myFico. 

finally I said to heck with it and used my annualcreditreport directly from TU and sure enough, no updates at all. 

Well if it's coming directly from ACR, at least you know you should be getting the correct data at that point. That is a pretty weird one to have nothing update at all. If it were me, I would reach out to TU directly. Maybe someone else has a better idea of what would be causing that, but that one has me at a loss. Keep us posted if you start making headway, though! 

TCL $199,800
Message 7 of 69
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

I will do so.

One thing I thought is odd also, is there are two inquiries from a car loan from 4/6/2019 that should have falled off, but, low and behold, they are on the report I pulled yesterday (4/12/21). 

Very frustrating - and getting anyone at TransUnion to understand what I am saying is rather precarious.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 8 of 69
Peace27
Valued Member

@0REDSOX7 I feel your pain. I'm going through the same thing with TU. Never had a issue all accounts report like clock work. All of sudden like 6 of my accounts have not updated since Feb 28. EX and EQ are fine no issues with their reporting on time. I called TU and they told me it takes up to 45 days for an account to report. So we'll see!

Message 9 of 69
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:

show them paid off. 

What gives?

End Rant. 

Seems like something quirky is going on. Not that I have experienced any great mishaps but usually my EX reports faster than the other two but now it seems to delay a couple of accounts.

Cap1 used to report the next day after statement cut and now it takes 3-4 days.

I made a good dent in my Cerulean account which had a high utilization 60% to 28% crossing 2 thresholds with statement cutting on Feb 26th and as of today April 14th it still hasn't updated on Ex. and it always has updated the next day (27th). Trans and Eq updated as they usually do.

Message 10 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.