Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Rant on TransUnion

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: General Rant on TransUnion

What's even worse for me - I had two inquiries from April 8th, 2019 for a car loan. On my April 12th credit report from TU...they're still ok there...

shouldn't they have been dropped?

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 11 of 69
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:

What's even worse for me - I had two inquiries from April 8th, 2019 for a car loan. On my April 12th credit report from TU...they're still ok there...

shouldn't they have been dropped?

They generally fall off the 24th month but I believe technically they can remain for 25 months.

Message 12 of 69
dryanaz80
Valued Member

Just here to add that none of my accounts have updated with TU since mid February.  I had a $295 Citi balance with $300 SL and it's been paid off since mid March, normally reports to CRAs 8th every month, TU shows 2/8.  Personal loan balance of $2332 also paid off in March, last update to TU is 1/31. PayPal Cashback MC was $299 w $300 SL, also paid off.  Reported to EX and EQ 4/15, last update from TU is 2/15.  

I could go on... it's like this with all my Cap One cards as well. EX and EQ are reflecting the much better scoring than TU.  

And, I've pulled my reports/scores via Experian Premier, MyFICO, Credit Karma and directly via annualcreditreport.com and all show that TU has basically frozen my credit profile/summary as it appeared between 1/31 and 2/15..... not one account has updated since then with them and there's a 96 point score spread between TU and EQ and it's 91 points between TU and EX. 

I don't know who to even try to contact at TU about this.  Would love any insight or feedback/suggestions. 

Message 13 of 69
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

Exactly the same problem with TU - nothing has updated since 2/28 -

Message 14 of 69
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:

Well, first it was Credit Karma. Then I used myFico. 

finally I said to heck with it and used my annualcreditreport directly from TU and sure enough, no updates at all. 

Hmm, I'm having a problem with TU this month as well. I first noticed it on CK, my utilization was too high, found they are double reporting my HELOC, a balance reported 2/28 and a balance from 2/28. I did a direct dispute on CK, no update after 2 weeks. Also over $3k in pay downs on CCs not reporting a week after EX & EQ reported them. I forgot about free annual report, will check that, but my TU service shows the same info.

Message 15 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was also just about to post something about Transunion. I don't know why they can't keep up with Equifax and Experian. My TransUnion is like 100 points behind Experian and Equifax.

Message 16 of 69
Peace27
Valued Member

Yes, it is definitely something going on with TU. I'm trying to get approve for a mortgage and they are holding me up.

Message 17 of 69
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Credit Bureaus

Where in the world is Transunion? They have not udated my report since February 26th 21. Normally it would be Equifax however it seems that they have picked up the slack for TU. Experian is reporting slow as well. I so look forward to these numbers monthly. And this also impacts new scores from MYFico monthly. I would like to recoup my $42.00 paid monthly if MYFico can not get a full updated report from each of these Bureaus on a monthly basis. I call the finance companys/banks and they state "we have reported". I call the Bureaus they state that the companies are not reporting. what!! Ex; I called Navy Fed and they said they reported two days after statement cut, however TU and Experian still gives statement cut from early March. We are headed to May's cc payments. What gives?

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 69
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

So, I spent 45 minutes in hell today trying to get one of their representatives to understand.

They kept wanting me to open a dispute...but yet, I didn't want to do that.  They simply had zero idea what I was trying to do.  I've since paid off four accounts, and they're all zero'd out on EQ and EX, but TU shows 2/28 as the last update date.  It's outside of their script, so, naturally these people are clueless.

Something has to be going on...but no one understands.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 19 of 69
dryanaz80
Valued Member

Re: Credit Bureaus

I've posted about this as well. Tried getting a human on the phone is impossible and sent a note via Twitter.  I've been denied credit based on a pull of TU that was last updated 2/15 and score is ~95 pts lower than EX and EQ. 

Message 20 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.