Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Primer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill Primer

deuce wrote:
What do they remove? The whole account? Just the bad marks that you request?

If the account is closed, then there's a good chance the whole TL will get deleted. Although they might update it by removing the adverse reporting. You can ask, but odds are they'll delete.

If the account is open and current, but has an adverse past, they'd have to remove the adverse reporting in order to give you anything. Since it's a current account, they're gonna keep reporting it.

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

mbpac wrote:
I have a couple medical accounts that went into collections and I have since paid them off however they still show up as collection accounts If I try a GW letter would I address it to the collection company of the Doctor?

GW whomever is reporting. CA, OC or both.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

gamecockmd wrote:
I have a joint Wachovia account on my credit report
I'm interested in trying a goodwill approach but there is no account number on my credit report ("Not on Record").

I would try disputing with the CRAs as inaccurate.

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I did a GW request with a company online, they are now requesting that I send in or fax them a hard copy of my letter with a copy of my credit report.  I am not sure that I am comfortable sending them my whole report to goodness knows who, has anyone here ever gotten such a request as the result of a GW letter?

Thanks in advance!
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kyzmet wrote:

I did a GW request with a company online, they are now requesting that I send in or fax them a hard copy of my letter with a copy of my credit report.

Who's the company?
Message 15 of 24
gerty
Established Member

I have several GW's out at the moment via snail mail....most of them are several years old at least

Capital One, for a paid chargoff (I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one!!)
Sears, paid chargeoff,
WFFN/Express, paid chargeoff
Sprint, paid charge off 
College Foundation for lates (this one is current and dropped my score 50 points!!!)..this one was faxed

They were just sent out about a week ago so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will let you all know if I have any success.

I'm still having problems with AFNI-Bloom on an account that isn't mine from 05. I'm going to DV them CMRRR and see how that goes. If I get the majority of this taken off I'm hoping to get my crdit out of the toilet and into the high 6's, low 7's. We shall see!!!!
Message 16 of 24
toa700
Valued Member

Hi can you tell me what CMRRR stands forSmiley Wink

Thanks 

Message 17 of 24
Miner
Frequent Contributor

@toa700 wrote:

Hi can you tell me what CMRRR stands forSmiley Wink

I could but then I'd have to... well you know.  Try reading the stickie threads above as they answer 80% of all questions.

Guide to Common Abbreviations

Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 18 of 24
soapdish
New Contributor

Are you using a credit report from one of the CRAs or from myfico?  myfico reports do not show the account number or addresses

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill Primer..Help

First of all these forums are so helpful. Thank you everyone!! I have been trying the gw route and have actually talked to some live people(unsuccessfully). Will someone provide me with a response to counter the "We are bound by law to report this information accurately..we can't remove it blah,blah" I think the fcra allows creditors to not report neg information in the first place ,but what is the law after it has been reported? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.