Help passing 800

Here is my story:

Total Cards active: 12

Total Cards closed: 21

Total CL: 179,300 K

Total Due: <$100

Missed Payments: 2 (10/2012 & 12/2015) both 30 days

Average credit age: 3.6

Inquiries: 1 (it was for Amex SPG so I guess EXP)

No other negatives

I checked my Citi Fico and US Bank Fico scores (assuming these are EX / TU Fico and not FAKO). My scores are 800

What can I do to increase my score further? How long will the missed payments take to fall off my CR?

Thanks in Advance!

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help passing 800

I think Citi is a Bankcard 8 fico score, not an actual Fico 8 but 800 is still pretty impressive. No knowledge on the US Bank one though. I think late payments are supposed to stay on your reports about 7 years. Just keep on doing what you're doing pay on time and in the end i think your scores will improve and take care of themselves.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on what you posted, I'm not sure if there is much you can do to see an immediate boost. You have really low utilization, so opening new accounts would not really help you (if anything, they would just include a HP and decrease AAoA and thus hurt you). Your AAoA is pretty low at 3.6 years, so I would just let that age another year or two and you should see modest gains.

Message 3 of 9
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

The only thing I've found to make it happen is be patient, use the cards, and pay them every month.  With time they'll go past 800.

Message 4 of 9
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

The way I got past 800 was adding all 3 scores together. Then I was at like 1800 and change. 

Yeah, I know. Not helpful at all. I'm just bored at work. Smiley Sad

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 5 of 9
noobody
Established Contributor

Citi provide bankcard score 8 model, runs 250-900. 
US bank's score is a FAKO.
If you do not have open installment loan, suggest open a SSL, most people will see about 30 points jump.
Please read this thread for step by step instructions
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Adding-an-installment-loan-the-Share-Secu...

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

(Not saying go out and get one) jus wondering do you have any loans/installments out there?
Message 7 of 9
Chris679
Established Contributor

The lates will likely keep you from getting close to 800, try to work on getting them removed. For reference I went from around 760 to 800 after removing a single 30 day late that was 4.5 years old.
Message 8 of 9
Berk
Established Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

Here is my story:

Total Cards active: 12

Total Cards closed: 21

Total CL: 179,300 K

Total Due: <$100

Missed Payments: 2 (10/2012 & 12/2015) both 30 days

Average credit age: 3.6

Inquiries: 1 (it was for Amex SPG so I guess EXP)

No other negatives

I checked my Citi Fico and US Bank Fico scores (assuming these are EX / TU Fico and not FAKO). My scores are 800

What can I do to increase my score further? How long will the missed payments take to fall off my CR?

Thanks in Advance!

In a word - Time. Look at my signature. I'm still not in the 800 club on all three CRA's. I'll finish paying off a loan this month too so I expect all scores to drop a little - 10-15 points each. Been rebuilding now for 10 years. It takes patience. And, with your scores, you don't really need them any higher to get what you want. It is all academics and fun at this point in your journey. So, sit back and relax and enjoy the scenery.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.