cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate is Capital One CreditWise?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How accurate is Capital One CreditWise?

It is also the same as what TransUnion gives you when you have one of their premium monitoring products, VantageScore 3.0.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to knowy credit score
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very accourte
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

its just your vantage score and it's worthess.....

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

The key is very very few lenders use vantage scores. I use some of their fetures at ck such as % utiz, balances but not for scores. 

Message 15 of 20
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Iv heard that VS scores are sometimes used for renters but other than that very few to no CC issuers use them...  kinda hate folks calling them useless but they can be slightly helpful when waiting for a FICO score to generate.. What little iv seen is that VS can score earlier similar to a New Account score ..... still not very useful when apping for a card though..

Message 16 of 20
marty56
Super Contributor

I have heard that Kohls uses a VS but I don't know.  Funny thing is that when my credit was bad, my VS score said my credit was better group wise then my FICO score and now it is the opposite.  LOL I'm not complaining.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

VS seem to pick up very heavy on current items. The posts about deliquents fading over time seems to apply more to VS  than Fico. VS on me does not like Inq or number of new cards.  These are not an issue with fico scores for me. My Fico scores are all around 760

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure what happened a few month ago but my FICO score on all my CC was 782 and then all of a sudden it dropped 40 pts on Creditwise on capital one- had been 782 before,  Then when I run the Creditwise simulator it tells me my expected new score woudl be 782 even if I ADD $1,000 spending to any of my credit cards same if I pay off $7,500 of credit- Has to be something wrong and I have 2 other creidt monitoring apps that don't see the 748 score that Creditwise posts.  I understand that there are different models but that is too far off and nobody at creidwise nor CapitalOne has been able to tell me why my score dropped 40 points one month when nothing at all changed.

go figure

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is a bit old, but currently the difference between my Credit Wise score(651) and Karma score(716) are quite different. So I'm not sure your information is current anymore.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.