cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Cancel Credit Check Total in Less Than 30 Minutes (Usually)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Cancel Credit Check Total

I gotcha.  It's probably been a good 4-6 months since they've tried to run my card for a full membership, so without a doubt some sort of changes may have been made to their policies and practices since that time.

Message 41 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Cancel Credit Check Total in Less Than 30 Minutes (Usually)

As a frequent CCT trial user I appreciate you posting about this shortcut.  Thanks.

Message 42 of 69
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Thank you! Literally took 3 minutes and 7 seconds for this to work. 

Appreciate it.

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 43 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is definitely a lot harder to cancel a CCT membership then it used to be.  I never had much luck with the email method.  I tried yesterday and today to cancel my membership via the 877-284-7942 number and 866-506-7894.   On the number ending in 7894, when I speak or key my SSN the system does not seem to recognize it.   I ended up finding a number on google (866-960-6943) and calling that.  There are no prompts or phone trees to navigate through.  The call was answered directly by an agent.  It took only 3 minutes to cancel the membership via that method. 

Message 44 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting and thanks for providing that number above. I'll give that one a shot next week and report back my results.
Message 45 of 69
aircobra
Regular Contributor

Just cancelled my trial membership. Took less than 5 minutes. Second time I have done it.

Currently rebuilding:
1/18 -
7/19 -

Message 46 of 69
DCnDC
Contributor

2nd time here too. 1st time, took 30 minutes on hold, but was then able to cancel mine and my fiance's (with his credit card info)... tried tonight for the 2nd time and they answered immediately after the recorded message, literally like 5 seconds. BUT they wouldn't let me cancel for him so I'll have to have him try tomorrow.
FICO 8 (as of 8/23/2019) | EX: 823 | TU: 824 | EQ: 831
Inquiries (Total) | EX: 1 | TU: 1 | EQ: 1
Inquiries (Less than 1 year) | EX: 0 | TU: 0 | EQ: 0

Bank Americard Mastercard $90,000 | PenFed Promise Visa $39,000 | Citi Simplicity Mastercard $26,500 | NFCU More Rewards Amex $25,000 | Macy's $25,000 | Synchrony Home (Mohawk) $25,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa $24,300 | Citi Costco Visa $15,300 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PenFed Gold Visa $11,000 | Discover It $10,000 | Citi Diamond Preferred Visa $9,500 | Kohl's $3,000

Message 47 of 69
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

OP, thanks for taking the time to post. Very helpful. I recently got my scores for $1, than oopsie forgot to cancel got charged first month.lol I literally thought my Navy Amex got fraud when I saw the charge until I remembered how Experian is worded. I froze my card instantly lol.

Unfrozen again, on the site their isnora where to email cancelation I came here saw your post, from begining of phone call til end 4:29 minutes Smiley Happy. Of course they try to get you to stay but I declined and cancelled. That's my recent experience. ThanksSmiley Happy
Message 48 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a day 6 cancellation today using OP's instructions and it took about 5 minutes. But I've not had a long wait time the two previous times I cancelled -- maybe just lucky then. Thanks for the tip.

Message 49 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the number on the CCT website and the automaticed system said I was cancelled.  I then received an email stating my Experian Credit Works Basic account was cancelled which is my free monthly FICO reporting.  I appreciate everyone's post here to clear up the cofusion and letting me know I just needed to reach a live person at Experian to cancel.  Make sure you give them the membership ID for CCT and not jus your SSN because you may be signed up for other products.  I didn't know CCT was an Experian product, so I was confused.  I was on hold for 35 minutes.

Message 50 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.