Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send BoA dispute documentation?

tag
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

How to send BoA dispute documentation?

Does anyone know how to send Bank of America dispute documentation?

They sent me a claim acknowledgement letter requesting same, but have provided no info as to how.

I can see no upload functionality online.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Re: How to send BoA dispute documentation?

@expatCanuck wrote:

They sent me a claim acknowledgement letter requesting same, but have provided no info as to how.

Good-Luck with Bank of the Dread's dispute department. I personally have had nothing but trouble with them on a previous dispute.

My advice, notate everything and keep a ledger. Don't be afraid to speak with a manager/supervisor.

Answering your question: I walked into a branch and had them upload the documentation. It seemed in-branch or snail mail were my only options at the time.

Message 2 of 6
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@expatCanuck wrote:

Good-Luck with Bank of the Dread's dispute department. I personally have had nothing but trouble with them on a previous dispute.

My advice, notate everything and keep a ledger. Don't be afraid to speak with a manager/supervisor.

Answering your question: I walked into a branch and had them upload the documentation. It seemed in-branch or snail mail were my only options at the time.

Thanks.  At least that's more convenient (and immediate) than the post office.  If they said 'fax', well ... . Smiley Sad

I don't fear the dispute department -- I can paper trail plenty good.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@expatCanuck wrote:

You send it to their address in El Paso or the address stated on the letter through the US Mail. Online dispute with BoA and submission electronically is pretty much non existent. I recently disputed a 1K purchase over stores failure to live up to its warranty and did so entirely via US Mail.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah.  

Step 1:  Load trebuchet. 

Step 2:  Light pitch and tar. 

Step 3:  Stand back and let go. 

Trebuchet warfare seems to engender the greatest personal satisfaction, but US mail seems to get the most consistent results.  (I had a BOA account when I was 16.  They were....shall we say...unsatisfactory then, too.)

Message 5 of 6
ccquest
Established Contributor

I don't remember having to mail anything in when I had my dispute in early 2019/late 2018. They would send emails with a link to some obscure part of the website that I had to use to upload the documentation. It took awhile, but definitely wasn't mailing or faxing things in. Not sure if that's changed now, but you'd think with COVID they'd lean more electronic than not.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.