Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Credit Card Debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huge Credit Card Debt

Hello, everyone been a bit since I posted first with my 110k debt but once at 112k, I deleted most of my post because I was going to much into my personal life,  but want to assure everyone like the ones who supported me, I am still here and working diligently to finish this and as most said I could not do this, It is very mentally straining,  and a bit tougher than I thought, but I can't and won't stop now, TAC/Save/Devil, and many more, thanks for encouragement.  Just letting everyone know that did follow my story before, I am still here and never give up, and I am still making my goals.

Message 1 of 81
80 REPLIES 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Huge Credit Card Debt

Glad to hear it man - how’s progress? Hopefully still rolling, although I hope you’re taking the advice that some gave about treating yourself to a steak dinner and taking a day off occasionally - it’ll make a lot of difference.

Nonetheless I’m happy to hear you’re still at it - when you finish this off it’ll definitely be the biggest payoff success I’ve ever seen and I suspect the same for most of us Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ImtheDevil. Persistence is Key, as I told everyone when I started this I am like the Terminator or Rocky, I don't stop, been draining me physically and mentally and yes it sucks but I never give up, and I screwed up being young with starting a business off credit, but I have the eye of the tiger, I just keep working very hard and moved to an even better job now, sold everything I own outside of an air mat, and a few clothes and eat very cheap. As I stated before bank bonuses, plasma, side hustles, 2nd job, Paid school and stipend with GI Bill, flipping cars, surveys, clinical studies, everything helps. I am up before the sunrise and sleep for a few hours before getting back up to make this debt disappear. I said before failure is not an option. Only if I pass away which I may not be able to control but otherwise, I won't lose this battle, work ethic is on 200 percent. I still havent missed any payments, I just hope others can see this an realize that if I can do this with out utilizing a college degree anyone can. FYI I am now down to around 70k debt from 110k when I posted back in March or April. had a few bumps but when there is a problem I always find a solution. Goal is 2 years tops to be debt free only because I don't know what life is going to throw at me, but I can solve it,....Thanks ImTheDevil

Message 3 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, good to hear. I am not on the forum all that often, but I did think of your story not that long ago and I’m glad you posted an update.

I started 2018 with well over $70k in debt over business (though not involving credit) - I now have about $21,500 to go. I live very simply in order to fulfill my obligations, and it certainly gives you a good perspective on what is important and what is superfluous. And that tenacity is everything.

Keep at it, and as da Devil said, do treat yourself on occasion. Make it a treat for a milestone celebration if you need to, but don’t make paying this off a form of self punishment. Life is good, and you deserve to share its bright spots.
Message 4 of 81
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I enjoyed reading your post. You've come a long way. Your story is inspirational to me and I'm sure to other members too. You're hammering down a mountain of debt. Little by little, it'll be gone.

As ImTheDevil said, take care of yourself. Have a good meal once in a while. Sleep in on your day off.
Message 5 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is amazing progress man, you obviously understand the adage of “the best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time”. Many congrats and hoisting a cold one to your continued success!

@BlueOak, very nice work on your debt reduction too - the successes both of you are having with these debts and the ways to overcome them will help others in the future for sure Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 81
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

Good to see you! Smiley Happy

I've been looking and hoping for a post from you. You are amazing!   I agree that treating yourself when you feel like it or reach a goal is a good idea. You deserve it.

Thanks again for posting. I look forward to your next update.

Be good to you.

Message 7 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang, down about 40K in less than a year!?! You're doing great!! Keep it up my friend, you got this!!
Message 8 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes to Blueoak, Imthedevil, Saveninvest, Allzero,Animalhouse121, thanks for support, Very much Congrats Blueoak on the progress you have made as I am around prolly now where you were starting! but seeing you are in the 20k range is more motivation and hope I need, I don't know how your journey has been but it is very stressful for me working day in day out, but I don't see living any other way, I just adapt to my situation which Ive done many times in my life, and I am completely comfortable living the way I do right now, and for some reason is great knowing all my belongings are portable as I have nothing, just work my butt off of constantly, hardly ever home anyway, always out working finding money in everything I do, my utility bill has gotten down to $19 a month, No A/C and no heat an lights barely ever used, Ramen noodles and $1 pizzas from dollar stores with a multi vitamin, so far I am perfectly healthy, perfect blood pressure and all other vitals, checked twice a week at plasma center outside of me maybe getting premature grey hair and beard stubble. I promise I can adapt to anything, I never have borrowed money from a person in my life, only my creditors, but by my morals, I screwed up and ate the steak no excuses, matter what the case was I always pay back my debts, if I am alive and able bodied I won't stop.

And yes paid almost 40k off since March or so, I have made I think about 60k working very hard since first posted in March/April basically all together monies going to debt and basic survial needs such as rent,toothpaste,tolietpaper,food,hygenics...etc since then in all my endeavers between all the different things I have applied and done to get this debt done with, with a few bumps and a month of full time unemployement with me switching jobs, but still hustled all my other making means in place to not miss a payment so far.

Just a band aid to me I have to do this fast, rip into this debt and sacrafice maybe up to 2yrs even 3yrs which I know will be much less on my track but I don't konw what will happen in my life, or if I will survive past tomorrow. All I SEE is this is Temporary just like so many other obstacles in my life that I have conquered in my life now. I learned with my back agaisnt the wall which I don't like being caged in, and I fight to the end when I get there, All on me, I don't depend on anyone in this life but me as no one will care more than yourself.

I will continue no matter what, and update when I can, and yes I will get a good dinner once I hopefully finish this, "Hope is a Good Thing, Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies". Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying."

Message 9 of 81
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Huge kudos, that is great man. Most would of filed BK (not saying it is wrong or not, everyone's personal situation is different). Glad you have the means to tackle your debt. 

Message 10 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.