Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane info

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hurricane info

hi all,

has anyone been able to suspend credit card payments due to the coming storm hurrican dorian? I have never done this and looking for any helpful info. Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Hurricane info

@Anonymous wrote:

hi all,

has anyone been able to suspend credit card payments due to the coming storm hurrican dorian? I have never done this and looking for any helpful info. Thank you.

In order to suspend a loan pymt. for up to 6? months you have to be in a currently declared Natural Disaster declaration in your state and the areas affected, by the President.  If a pre-declaration has gone through, Florida?, then you can call and see.  They will tell you what to expect. Idk about credit cards but if you're in Fla., go ahead and call. Home loans and heloc's qualify under declaration.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 3
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Hurricane info

Hey, I forgot to mention that if you have homeowner's insurance and receive damage, be sure to save all of your receipts for fuel, tools, tarps, food anything you had to purchase due to the storm.  It will be reimbursed. (check your policy to see what kind of coverage you have or call your ins. company)  Just save every single receipt to be on the safe side.  GL, be safe.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.