Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Innovis -- huh?

tag
AtmyOffice
Regular Contributor

Innovis -- huh?

Hi all,

Still working on keeping my nose clean and cleaning up credit. Proud to say I now reside comfortably in the mid 600s.

I received a letter in the mail from Innovis, saying they are adding two accounts with negative information to my report. I immediately requested a copy of the report and started doing some research. I know not a lot of companies report to them, but I also know there is no chance this so-called negative information is new. Could it be that some of my already negative accounts have been recently added to their report and therefore some old negatives are being counted now?

Also, do you know who reports to them? And who checks them?

Sigh.

2/2011
Experian: 658
Equifax: 653
Transunion: 670
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Innovis -- huh?

My personal opinion is Innovis puts more stock in themselves than others. 

As far as I know, only the other three CRAs are still used by creditors.  I don't know any that pull from Innovis.

It is probably old accounts.  If you are getting a report from them, check it very good to make sure.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Innovis ... really??

They r trying to be a major CRA?

As far as I know Eq, Ex, TU don't mail u crap ... be a large waste of paper.  You gotta be proactive and request the information.

But Innovis ... really?? Who r these ppl?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah well i guess they are trying ...

http://www.smartcreditinfo.com/innovis.html

I love the part in the first link that reads    "A negative report from Innovis will prevent you from getting decent credit offers"

I don't think i'll lose sleep over that...

https://www.innovis.com/InnovisWeb/

Times are always changing ... I just don't wanna see the day were i gotta file a dispute with like six of these bums ...

Message 4 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Innovis is definately a recognized credit bureau, but is not relied upon by many creditors or lendors.  They are, however, still a player with the big three.

For example, the credit reporting guidelines used by all of the credit reporting agencies ("credit reporting manual") were deleloped by a joint team consisting of representatives from Equifax, Experian, TransUnion, and Innovis.  These guidelines are published by their contractor, the Consumer Data Industry Assoc as the "Credit Reporting Resouces Guide" (c) CDIA.  They were a participant in the develpment of the rules for credit reporting that each creditor must abide by when reporting to any of the CRAs,

I am not even sure that Innovis has a contract with Fair Isaac to even produce FICO scores based on their credit files.  I have never seen or heard of an Innovis-based FICO score, which could be a major reason why lendors dont use them.  I am not sure.  I wouldnt worry much about Innovis, but they are legit.

As you are aware, you are entitled under the FCRA to at least one free credit report annually from each credit bureau.  Knowing the potential burden of this legislation, the big three jointly established an internet site, annualcreditreport.com, to handle these requests.  Innovis did not partipate in this effort.  So they must individually respond to each request for your annual credit report.  Innovis is required by law to provide this free annual credit report, so just write to them, and request it.  They cannot refuse.

Message 5 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No one said they were not legit, just not used by the majority of creditors.

Message 6 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Funny. In part, due to this thread, I ordered my Innovis for the first time. It'll be here by Friday next.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

Funny. In part, due to this thread, I ordered my Innovis for the first time. It'll be here by Friday next.

Plz  do let us know if they have your entire reportable credit history ... for I am very curious about that....

Message 8 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Plz  do let us know if they have your entire reportable credit history ... for I am very curious about that....

Will do. In reading other posts about Innovis, looks like only a rare few creditors report.

Message 9 of 14
Established Contributor

I have not had a creditor rely on Innovis for my credit report. However, my insurance company, State Farm, did pull my Innovis report before underwriting  insurance for my cars and home.

I pull my Innovis report once per year, for free, as allowed by law. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.