Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry Identification

tag
Chala
Contributor

Inquiry Identification

Hey...I have multiple inquiries some with the same bank how do i find out the card associated with the inquires? Credit reports don't get into that kind of detail. I don't want to dispute an inquiry on an account that's open in fear of the bank closing it. Should i call the bureaus? Banks don't keep inquiry denial's to long. I hope this is the right subsection for this. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Inquiry Identification

You shouldn't dispute any valid inquiries and doing so will cause more issues than you'd want to deal with as it will prompt the bureaus to issue fraud alerts on your reports because you'd have to declare the inquiries fraudulant. 

Inquiries have a short term effect on scoring as they become unscoreable when they age to 365 days, though they will remain listed on your reports, as a record, for a full 24 months (25 on Experian).

That said, there's no way to obtain further detail of an inquiry to match with multiple credit apps through the same institution.  The best you can do is match the date of the inquiry with the date of the app. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.