cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Synchrony Marvel reporting unpredictable?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Is Synchrony Marvel reporting unpredictable?

I recently opened a Synchrony Marvel card. It reported to the bureaus the balance as of 5 days before the statement date. Is Synchrony still reporting randomly, or is there some way to predict -- within a reasonable margin of error -- when it will report?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Is Synchrony Marvel reporting unpredictable?

They report new account quickly and report on statement date 

However, I closed my only Synch card because I got tired of random mid cycle reports. As soon as charge posted, they would report. After several months, I got tired of it ( in combination with card being useless) 

I know they do some weird mid cycle reporting at times, but I am not sure how prevalent that is.

Maybe others never had that issue 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony online did this to me the first month I had Amazon and PayPal. It hasn’t happened since December and January, respectively, and they didn’t do it at all for my Payboo card which had a normal report cycle. 

What does annoy me about Sync though is how long they wait after your due date to report. It’s 7-10 days which means if I am in micromanaging mode, I can’t use my card for over a week after I make my payment. They are by far the hardest to manage balances on since the rest of my cards report 3-5 days after the due date. 

Message 3 of 5
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

My Ebates card used to report whenever I sneezed. When I was trying for a CLI and putting lots of spend through it, it updated at least 2X a month and never showed zero balance, even though I paid it in full between once and three times a month.

Message 4 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I recently opened a Synchrony Marvel card. It reported to the bureaus the balance as of 5 days before the statement date. Is Synchrony still reporting randomly, or is there some way to predict -- within a reasonable margin of error -- when it will report?

OK. Thank you @ChargedUp @Anonymous @Remedios 

That sucker is gone and shredded.

I'll miss Spiderman; Synchrony ruined it for us. Just like Barclays ruined it for me with JetBlue.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.