cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my address being written out of order on my credit report an issue?

tag
KillingThemGingerly
Contributor

Is my address being written out of order on my credit report an issue?

I plan on applying for a new credit card soon and was looking at my Experian credit report. My actual address (for example, this isn't my real address) is 1234 Oakwood Ln NE. However Experian has it listed as 1234 Oakwood NE Ln with the northeast and lane flip flopped. Obviously a relatively small difference but I didn't know if it would come back to bite me at any point if I apply for credit and appear as an address mismatch. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Is my address being written out of order on my credit report an issue?

@KillingThemGingerly wrote:

I plan on applying for a new credit card soon and was looking at my Experian credit report. My actual address (for example, this isn't my real address) is 1234 Oakwood Ln NE. However Experian has it listed as 1234 Oakwood NE Ln with the northeast and lane flip flopped. Obviously a relatively small difference but I didn't know if it would come back to bite me at any point if I apply for credit and appear as an address mismatch. Thoughts?

I imagine if google doesn't care, you won't have a problem. 

Go through your creditors and see who who has the 'wrong' address on file. 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 3
DONZI
Established Contributor

Re: Is my address being written out of order on my credit report an issue?

I don't think it's worth the potential problems of trying to correct it unless you have the paper being sent to you and can deal with it face to face, locally.. but then, if you get the paper delivery with the address being slightly mangled I don't think it's going to be any problem with machine reading.

I spent some time trying to correct a mailing address with the 'official' USPS format that is specifically for machine reading and some of the businesses simply were unable to input it in that form due to their computers demanding some other format. (in my case this is/was mainly about how to format address 1 & address 2 addresses.)

Despite my efforts, I still get postal mail from citi which excludes address 2 and the postal carrier and other mail handlers still makes mistakes and put mail in the adjacent mailboxes.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.