Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this true?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this true?

I just called Experian to remove dispute comments and I have a tradeline that came up on the myFico 3B report (purchased 10/8) in the Experian section but it is not in the actual Experian system??? The rep said that the reports we pull here are not live pulls from the three bureaus and that maybe the line was removed from their system but myFico hadn't updated from their system yet for the month?????

I didn't believe her and she instructed me how to get a report from experian.com and the tradeline really wasn't there.

Please advise if you know anything about this.

HFM

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this true?

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called Experian to remove dispute comments and I have a tradeline that came up on the myFico 3B report (purchased 10/8) in the Experian section but it is not in the actual Experian system??? The rep said that the reports we pull here are not live pulls from the three bureaus and that maybe the line was removed from their system but myFico hadn't updated from their system yet for the month?????

I didn't believe her and she instructed me how to get a report from experian.com and the tradeline really wasn't there.

Please advise if you know anything about this.

HFM

Yes, it is essentially true. The removal of a tradeline will not show up here because your reports are only updated quarterly or whenever you purchase a report. It will be reflected in your SCORES when there is a scoring update trigger such as a balance change, an inquiry or a new tradeline added (good or bad), but the actual reports are not continually updated - they are not "live", whatever you see on your reports here is whatever was there on the date of the report. If it has been subsequently updated to remove the dispute comments then myFICO reports will not reflect that change until a new set of reports are pulled.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me explain - I purchased a 3B on Saturday the 8th and it still had the Midland Funding collection on there. When I spoke to Experian they are saying they dont have Midland in their system for me and that myFico gets a dump monthly from the bureaus to generate the reports we buy here. Her explanation as to why Midland showed on the myFico Experian section is that it must have been there earlier but that it had since been removed. Maybe she doesnt know what she is talking about.

Message 3 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Let me explain - I purchased a 3B on Saturday the 8th and it still had the Midland Funding collection on there. When I spoke to Experian they are saying they dont have Midland in their system for me and that myFico gets a dump monthly from the bureaus to generate the reports we buy here. Her explanation as to why Midland showed on the myFico Experian section is that it must have been there earlier but that it had since been removed. Maybe she doesnt know what she is talking about.

Doesn't know; however, I'm not certain that MF gets the primary database when it gets it's pull; both Transunion and Experian seemingly have old cached entries which factor in but MF gets the information "new" with each pull to my understanding of the application architecture (and I've never found a discrepancy personally between the bureau / third parties / MF) but we've seen a number of issues with TU and EX occasionally gets reported.

When did the Midland collection come off?

        
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Revelate, she didn't know because that was what I was asking when she gave me that response. The Midland wasn't being reported properly on Experian so I was disputing it to get them to update it and that's when she said it wasn't there. It was just weird since I just ran the 3B and it was. 

Thanks for answering. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI Everyone 

I just did my weekly update on CreditKarma and the collection account was removed from TU. 

Maybe it was poor timing on my part when I ran the 3B. Glad it's gone from TU and EX waiting on EQ now. 

HFM

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.