Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Equifax scores/report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues with Equifax scores/report?

Hi All,

I noticed that me EQ score hasn’t been updated by NFCU or Penfed since 7/9. Also, I requested a CLI from Cap1 and it was denied because “Credit bureau information is missing or unavailable” and “We were unable to obtain your most recent monthly payment data from the credit reporting agency”. Based on the letter they were using EQ.

I just wanted to know if it’s just me or is anyone else noticing any issues?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: Issues with Equifax scores/report?

If you have been soft pulling your scores from multiple sources (CK etc...) daily or almost daily for a while your file might have gotten too large and you could have a split EQ file. It happened to me once.
Message 2 of 10
Hex
Valued Contributor

PenFed hasn’t updated since 7/9 so that’s not an issue. Navy did update on 8/10.
Message 3 of 10
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

@Hex can you please or anyone else explain what is a split file and how to test of it's there?
Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 4 of 10
Hex
Valued Contributor

A split file is literally what it sounds like your data gets separated and ends up in two different files. I think theoretically that this could happen with any of the credit bureau‘s but I’ve actually only ever heard of it happening with.... wait for it… Equifax. It happens because the credit file gets too large because there’s too much data. Sometimes when this happens you will have access to one part of the split file but your report will be messed up with missing trade lines etc. More often when It happens you can’t access your file at all, nobody can pull your credit and nobody can figure out what’s going on. When it happened to me I was calling everyone to try and figure out what was going on but the companies that were providing my credit monitoring and Equifax had no idea what was going on. I ended up finding out what the problem was by searching the MyFICO forms. When it happens it’s a mess and it usually takes weeks to get it straightened out because Equifax is very difficult to deal with.
Message 5 of 10
Hex
Valued Contributor

Sorry accidentally hit “post”
Continued...
Split files Can be caused by anything that makes your credit file unusually large typically it would be someone who had a ton of accounts or someone who accumulates an excessive amount of soft inquiries which is what happened to me. I was soft pulling my Equifax report every single day for over a year when it happened to me. I’m addition to that various credit monitoring services that I had signed up for were also pulling my Equifax once a week or so. After it happened I cut way back on free credit monitoring services. Even though you generally don’t see the soft inquires on your credit report they’re still there and they still take up that space.
Message 6 of 10
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

And you fixed it by calling EQ?
Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 7 of 10
Hex
Valued Contributor

Yes but it took about a month. It took a few weeks just to get them to admit what the problem was. After that I had to wait in a virtual line to have it fixed by someone in the tech department. They had to manually remove all those stupid soft inquires. I think the only reason it was done so quickly was because I filed a complaint with CFPB. Hours on the phone every day for weeks. Their CS is abysmal. I hope you don’t have a split file.
Message 8 of 10
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

I cancelled my Equifax subscription earlier this year for this exact reason. I was paying monthly but kept getting an error message when soft pulling the EQ score.

Message 9 of 10
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

This exact issue happened to me earlier this year. An extremely frustrating experience as even the EQ Customer Service and IT Support Team couldn't figure out and resolve the issue. I called Equifax several times and spent hours with their technical team until I finally decided to cancel my subscription altogether. Get it together Equifax!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.