Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Karma And Sesame Against - FICO Score

tag
Brandnick
New Contributor

Karma And Sesame Against - FICO Score

I just went to myfico.com to get my real FICO score for the first time in Years.
After playing around with Credit Karma and Sesame for the last
month. 

The results are as follows all on 11/7/2012

- Credit Karma - 729
- Credit Sesame - 771
- Myfico - 763

So my conclusion is that since Credit Sesame seems to be the closest to my actual FICO score . Only by 9 points which is very extremly close. Again this might be different for other persons.

My question is now is that  my card Utilization is 38% (which is high) what can i expect from a score if I continue to reduce it to 1-2%.

Current Score: 771 - 11/21/2012/ Amex Pull
Late Payment: 0 / Collections: 0
AAOA: 6.3 Years

"My Scores Yesterday or Last week or even Last month has no value when applying for credit today. The value is not in my score but the information in my credit file. Once the information is good the score will follow"
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Karma And Sesame Against - FICO Score

I see a problem here though.  Credit Karma is TU and Creditsesame is EX.  Two different CRAs.   And for those two, I personally put no correlation to my actual FICO scores.  Hasn't had a good track record in the past.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 11
Brandnick
New Contributor

Shotgun 

Great answer never thought of that you are correct 3 difference credit agencies. That being so what do you think my credit score would like if I continue to reduce my credit card utilization 

"My Scores Yesterday or Last week or even Last month has no value when applying for credit today. The value is not in my score but the information in my credit file. Once the information is good the score will follow"
Message 3 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

9% or under and you will get maximum benefit, but your scores are pretty high now, I don't see a big boost.  Just keep your records clean and have good TLs.  I think you're sitting pretty right now!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 11
gemntheholigram
Valued Member

In my experience dropping your utilization will gain somewhere upwards to 30 points, but that could vary depending on what else is on your report, time frames, past history etc. Also if you do this overnight or drag it out over a few months. Have you tried to use the estimator calculator here on this website? Its not a 100% accurate fortune teller but i can tell you that if you get below 9% your lookin good. I posted a breakdown of the tiers on here the other day.

The important part isnt getting to 1% its STAYING at below 10%.

Hope that helps

Message 5 of 11
Brandnick
New Contributor

Thanks

My goal and or hopes is reduce my utilization to at 9% or below by January.

Here is my break down of my information

Number of your accounts with a missed payment - 0

Your oldest account was opened - 12 Years, 11 Months ago

Average age of your accounts - 6 years

Your applications for credit in the past year - 0 inquiries

Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits - 38%

Although it states on myfico.com

Account :Verizon Past Due Amount=  $535 120+ days past due

I have disputed this collection/account with Verizon Wireless via the credit agencies and it came back verified. However just sent out a letter to their executive desk requesting a Pay to delete as compromise due to the fact I request was made with Verizon Wireless with one of their customer reps in 2011 to cancel this account however it was not cancelled it was suspended. In my eyes since it was cancelled I allowed my kids 8 or 10 play with the phone and it was reactive from a suspension state. Once it was reactivated my credit card automatically paid the bills until I lost that credit card which was attached to the account so it stopped paying on the account. This ended up leaving a balance of $535. I only noticed this about 2 month ago when requested my annual credit report.

With that said why is it not considered a negative indicator on myfico.

Message 6 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Brandnick wrote:

With that said why is it not considered a negative indicator on myfico.

If a dispute comment is still showing within the TL, then FICO is ignoring the payment history and isn't reflected as a negative TL, for the moment.

Message 7 of 11
Brandnick
New Contributor

llecs

You are correct I just look back at my report and there is a comment there. Now my hopes is on my letter I sent out to Verizon Wireless requesting a pay to delete. Do you have any suggestion if it doesn't come back in my favor   

Message 8 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Brandnick wrote:

Do you have any suggestion if it doesn't come back in my favor   

Keep trying. Persistence is key. I was successful with a VZW PFD 3 or so years ago. Everyone told me it was impossible and set out to prove them wrong. It took over 100 letters (no joke), but I just needed one "yes".

Message 9 of 11
Tay09
Regular Contributor

If a dispute comment is still showing within the TL, then FICO is ignoring the payment history and isn't reflected as a negative TL, for the moment.

^^^

How long can a dispute comment show within the TL after it has been verified?  And why even if it has been verified it is not factored into your FICO?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.