Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenders who pull ARS?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lenders who pull ARS?

I am just curious about who pulls ARS. I got a letter today that says in the last year, my ARS report has been pulled 8 times. That's a bit more than I would have expected and of course they have a stupid form you have to mail in or fax so ordering my report would be a bit of pain. I'm assuming that US Bank probably makes up 2 of them but I have no idea who the other 6 would be. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Lenders who pull ARS?

Discover and USBank pulled ARS on me.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@calyx wrote:

Yeah Disco would have been last March. I know they pull ARS as well and they were the one on the notification I got a year ago. This one is 7/1/2018 to 6/30/2019 so I'm a bit confused. I believe Barclays uses them so that would be number 3. 

Message 3 of 9
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@calyx wrote:

Yeah Disco would have been last March. I know they pull ARS as well and they were the one on the notification I got a year ago. This one is 7/1/2018 to 6/30/2019 so I'm a bit confused. I believe Barclays uses them so that would be number 3. 

I am kind of curious to pull it again to see who else might have been poking about in my ARS file, but it was fairly empty when I did check.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not super concerned about it, at least not enough to mail them a copy of my drivers license and social security number to get the report. It actually says at least 8 inquiries so for all I know, everyone pulled it. 

Message 5 of 9
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

What does ARS stand for?

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 6 of 9
calyx
Super Contributor

@Peazmom wrote:

What does ARS stand for?

Advanced Resolution Services - it's one of the smaller CRAs.
You can see a list here:  https://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/documents/cfpb_consumer-reporting-companies-list.pdf

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone seen denials as a result of freezing ARS? Or other small CRA’s?
Message 8 of 9
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Got my ARS report today. It's different than all the others I've seen. It doesn't have any of the typical account-level info like payment history, credit limits, etc. My report was almost completely empty, but it looks like it's designed to be a record of fraudulent use of the consumer's social security number. That's interesting, important, and different from what the Big 3 focus on. 

Anyway, it's a little tricky to answer OP's question because the report doesn't use the typical hard/soft terminology to classify inquiries, but basically I can see that BofA, Chase and Dow Chemical Employees Credit Union pulled ARS in the past year or so when I apped for new cards with them.  Apps I have made within the last 2 years that did not pull ARS include NFCU, Capital One and Amex. I have never apped for US Bank, Discover, of Barclays, so I can't comment on those.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.