Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lengthy Introduction!!

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Lengthy Introduction!!

Congrats on the rebuild. You've move up the credit ladder. I'm not going to echo all that was said. It was all covered. See below about the QS1. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 18
willmsbrg
Contributor

Well, as of today the Cap1 QuicksilverOne card is closed as well as the Credit One card... Just the Prosper and Merrick cards to close and that will eliminate the yearly fee cards even though the Credit One didn't have a fee, the limit was only 600.00.

Actually, feels funny cancelling a card versus opening a card but, the builder cards are in the rear view mirror..!!

Message 12 of 18
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Good for you.  Sometimes it's hard to let them go, but you're in a better position for doing so.

Message 13 of 18
willmsbrg
Contributor

I agree with being in a better position letting those go for sure. 

Certainly takes longer to cancel a card than it did in getting them.

This site has been really helpful in both advice and resources for which I am super thankful.

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Good for you.  Sometimes it's hard to let them go, but you're in a better position for doing so.

Message 14 of 18
willmsbrg
Contributor

So, a bit of an update since my first posting…

I’ve closed several cards that had an annual fee ( Merrick, CreditOne and Quicksilver one) I also have the Prosper card which also has a fee which was the amount due so I needed to pay that in any case so I am holding that one for around 6 months then I will close that one as well.

I’m still waiting for the Truist and Apple and Bread cards to report as they haven’t as of today. The WF Autograph card has posted…
I did manage to get the bread card for 3000 Cl which was a surprise..( Hard Pull )

So, now I’m completely finished with applying for ANY new credit for at least a year, more likely 18 months and will let everything settle and age while keeping my utilization under 10 percent and hope for some auto CLI’s.

I also opened a small saving account at NFCU and I’m waiting for the membership to be approved. I may look to them middle of 2024 for an auto refinance..

So, the total listing of credit since my rebuild began in 2020 follows.

WF Autograph 5500 This one has a nice SUB which I want to try taking advantage of
Truist 4500
Bread card 3000
Apple 2000
GM 1500 likely sock drawered
Avant 1500 sock drawered
Mercury 1500 sock drawered
SavorOne 700 likely bucketed but will use off and on in hopes of an upgrade
Quicksilver 500 likely bucketed and sock drawered
Card still needing closed within 6 months Prosper 700

Any thoughts, feel free to offer up…

Again, thanks for all the support and advice...

Message 15 of 18
willmsbrg
Contributor

Okay, so I was looking at the SavorOne card trying to see which one I ended up with and this particular card states 

Current Purchase APR* Current Purchase APR

0%
Expires Nov 26, 2023
Seems like an odd amount of time when the SavorOne card I saw on the site was for 15 months... Perhaps it's not a bucketed card afterall
Message 16 of 18
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Neat.

So you have 0% rate on purchases for your S1 until 26 Nov 2023?

That end date isn't odd as the next day is the start of the Black Friday holiday spending season. 

Message 17 of 18
willmsbrg
Contributor

Well, that's true enough...

I was more curious about the length of time versus the actual date. I couldn't find anywhere on the Cap1 site with 10 months no APR.. 

I'll take it none the less even though I don't carry any balances....

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Neat.

So you have 0% rate on purchases for your S1 until 26 Nov 2023?

That end date isn't odd as the next day is the start of the Black Friday holiday spending season. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.