cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lesser known CRA- SageStream, LLC, formerly known as IDA Inc.

tag
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

Lesser known CRA- SageStream, LLC, formerly known as IDA Inc.

I applied for a NY & Co. store card, which is Comenity & was denied Smiley Surprised. I do not have any other of their store cards with them but I have 2 Visa's from them Orbitz  & Red Roof, both pulled EQ. I have not applied or used the SCT ( has never popped up for me) for any of their other store cards. Was thinking about Wayfair or overstock, since I shop both sites, but I leaning toward not now. Thinking maybe Amazon is better to me, I signed in the other day & even though I have used the card only a couple times for small items: they gave me a CLI of $800, not requested after 3 months with them. 

To cut my ramble short, for NY & Co. they used a CRA that I have never heard of called Sagestream. The bad thing is to get a copy of my CR & freeze it I need to Fax or snail mail my request & multi forms of ID. Which in my opinion is hard to believe a company that wants to compete with the main 3 CRA's would be so backward in technology.

Just my rant for today, I would have liked the card for convenience since I do shop in the store, locally. Sad thing is Comenity is taking over my favorite department store's credit card. I should have tried for it while it was still Cap 1 Smiley Frustrated

I thought EQ was a pain, wonder if this new CRA is like them & even has my name wrong Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lesser known CRA- SageStream, LLC, formerly known as IDA Inc.

@Anonymous wrote:

@EmmaGolden wrote:

To cut my ramble short, for NY & Co. they used a CRA that I have never heard of called Sagestream.

The bad thing is to get a copy of my CR & freeze it I need to Fax or snail mail my request & multi forms of ID.

Which in my opinion is hard to believe a company that wants to compete with the main 3 CRA's would be so backward in technology.

Just my rant for today, I would have liked the card for convenience since I do shop in the store, locally. Sad thing is Comenity is taking over my favorite department store's credit card. I should have tried for it while it was still Cap 1 Smiley Frustrated

I thought EQ was a pain, wonder if this new CRA is like them & even has my name wrong Smiley Wink

Bit of a nasty reply, don't you think? Not to respectful. Tisk-tisk.

Message 2 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I LOCK IDA AND SAGESTREAM... I find them worthless and whenever a creditor references them it's only in a denial not in an approval!

Message 3 of 17
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@EmmaGolden wrote:

To cut my ramble short, for NY & Co. they used a CRA that I have never heard of called Sagestream.

The bad thing is to get a copy of my CR & freeze it I need to Fax or snail mail my request & multi forms of ID.

Which in my opinion is hard to believe a company that wants to compete with the main 3 CRA's would be so backward in technology.

Not an emotional day for me. Everything I wrote as you highlighted. were just that; my rant, my opinion. A reply like yours is totally rude & out of line. If I do not agree with a person I do not comment. In my opinion & I stress that again,my opinion; never mind. I will just caulk this one up to ??? Have great day Gemini101, thank you for your rant with your opinions.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Foxtrot uniform charlie kilo I need to get those frozen.  Thanks Emma for reminding me and sorry for the trouble. Just got my Chex in the mail this week, clean as a whistle except for 2015 INQs. Smiley Embarassed

There's so many CRA's that it's difficult to list them all.  Must remember that odd ball one that Us Bank uses as well?

Message 5 of 17
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

Unbelievable..topic closed..To everyone else, my apologies for posting my opinion, my rant. I never intended for anyone to read so much into it. 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmmaGolden wrote:

I applied for a NY & Co. store card, which is Comenity & was denied Smiley Surprised. I do not have any other of their store cards with them but I have 2 Visa's from them Orbitz  & Red Roof, both pulled EQ. I have not applied or used the SCT ( has never popped up for me) for any of their other store cards. Was thinking about Wayfair or overstock, since I shop both sites, but I leaning toward not now. Thinking maybe Amazon is better to me, I signed in the other day & even though I have used the card only a couple times for small items: they gave me a CLI of $800, not requested after 3 months with them. 

To cut my ramble short, for NY & Co. they used a CRA that I have never heard of called Sagestream. The bad thing is to get a copy of my CR & freeze it I need to Fax or snail mail my request & multi forms of ID. Which in my opinion is hard to believe a company that wants to compete with the main 3 CRA's would be so backward in technology.

Sorry this happened to you. These oddball reporting agencies contain quite a bit of wrong reporting information very often, so you might wish to see what they have in your file.

Message 7 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@EmmaGolden wrote:

Unbelievable..topic closed..To everyone else, my apologies for posting my opinion, my rant. I never intended for anyone to read so much into it. 

Looks as though it was only temporarily locked which is common practice when a moderator is reviewing / editing the thread.

Not your fault, FWIW same user picked a fight with me over language I used as well in reading way too much into my post too.  You were fine, other poster, not so much looking at the aftermath.

Anyway, it sucks dealing with some of the secondary CRA's, there's a bunch of pretty bright people who simply suggest freezing every single one you can find; I haven't done this yet but I'm seriously considering it after reading more and more stories and it's just going to get worse over time as the number of data aggregators is expanding prolifically.

        
Message 8 of 17
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm about to post a link to a pdf list of CRA's, under a new subject header. I'm definitely going to freeze any I can, @ 

Message 9 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@EmmaGolden wrote:

@Thank you all for your kind words. I'm about to post a link to a pdf list of CRA's, under a new subject header. I'm definitely going to freeze any I can, @ 

There's a Report Inappropriate Content button which gets used for everything from moving posts to thread deletion requests, basically anything that needs to be brought to the attention of a moderator.  It's not the most intuitive function in the Lithium software admittedly Smiley Happy.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-Infamous-Report-Inappropriate-Content-option-6-13-14/m-p/3171744#U3171744

        
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.