cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lesser known CRA- SageStream, LLC, formerly known as IDA Inc.

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Lesser known CRA- SageStream, LLC, formerly known as IDA Inc.

@EmmaGolden wrote:

Which in my opinion is hard to believe a company that wants to compete with the main 3 CRA's would be so backward in technology.

Don't rely on belief.  Different companies have different policies and practices.  It's not like the big 3 are all that to begin with.  Many find one or more of them to be "backward" as well.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speaking of backward with technology......... it is not confined only to Sagestream/IDA. I believe that all of these secondary information services have poor business practices and should be shut down, including LexisNexis. There is something wrong when the consumer cannot get information reported correctly about themselves. See below.

Related to LexisNexis:

I included your story here so others could see it. LexisNexis, IDA/Sagestream and all of these other nonsensical companies that are not one of the main 3 credit bureaus should really be shut down.

I know for a fact they have wrong addresses for me, information about a car I've never owned, and information about me going to graduate school in a state I've never lived in. I know with full certainty it is not related to identity theft; it's just their sloppy business practices. I really think they grab public information from people with similar last names and just stick it on anyone's report.

I only know they have the above information wrong from security questions I've been asked - I have never pulled one of these secondary reports. With so many people reporting that wrong information cannot be changed, I figure I will just end up getting myself really mad (see officer's story below). Very sad.

This is a big problem for many people that needs to be fixed.

officer737 wrote:

Thanks to LexisNexis and their "wonderful reporting" (those letters are dripping with sarcasm), they cause me several headaches. I can't get online quotes from some insurance companies that are accurate or when I do have do security questions to verify my identity......that really gets interesting! I was insurance shopping a few years ago thinking that I might switch companies I was ifnormed that I was involved in a wreck about 9 months before that and could I provide a copy of the wreck report. I stopped them and informed them that I have not been involved in a personal wreck in 25 years! They informed me that my "report" said I was. As I am a law enforcement officer I immediately checked my MVR and said "sorry, my MVR shows clear as it should be". I was then advised that LexisNexis was reporting that I was in one driving a white Chevy Implala. Come to find out, they attached some other guy's wreck to me because we had a similar name and at one time or another, lived on the same road even though it was 20 some odd block difference on the house number.

I called LexisNexis and asked them about the information that said  that yes it was me and they were leaving it on my "report" no matter. I asked them could they confirm the driver's license information and the report number and that's when I was shocked I just about flipped my top. The license number didn't even match as the number were so far off that it wasn't even funny. Not to mention that the other person's license was REVOKED! The case number looked familar as did the wreck location and then I found out why......I WORKED THE WRECK AS THE INVESTIGATING OFFICER!! I informed LexisNexis again of the issue and they said "well your listed on the report" again I pointed out to them "of course, you idiot....I wrote the report!". Even pointed out to them that the person listed was a different race than I am and they still said "tough, deal with it". 

So until whenever this falls off of whatever the hell the do, I have to keep dealing with it. And by the way, the insurance quotes are double to triple what they should be because of it. 

Message 12 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Lots of excellent stuff here...

I'll only add that if you plan on applying for the BBVA NBA card and don't live near a branch, you might consider applying before freezing the secondary bureaus; it seems that many (but oddly, not all) of the folks who get declined due to ID issues have the secondary bureaus frozen.

On the other hand, folks tend to have better luck with U.S. Bank with the secondary bureaus frozen... so it just depends on your situation.

Message 13 of 17
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I LOCK IDA AND SAGESTREAM... I find them worthless and whenever a creditor references them it's only in a denial not in an approval!

I think you are right on about a denial. Comenity pulled both Eq & Sagestream for a store card Smiley Surprised Eq score is 702 ; Sagestream score is 375 in a range of scores from 1 to 999. Something is off there, definately but they could have denied me for short history just from EQ. But I believe everything happens for a reason, some reason I need to check the other CRA's.

Message 14 of 17
mrgoattoo
New Contributor

I just got a response from ALLY FINANCIAL today who ran my score thru SageStream. This company seems to have LOT of complaints against them, even on the BBB who for some reason still gives them an A+.

My FICO thru all three big scoring companies is ~800+....always.

But it was 649 thru these con artists.

And what do you know...they wanted to finanance my new car...but wanted modified terms.....ie a higher APR, no doubt.

I did a video about it if anyone is interested <mod edit to remove link>

dont want to make this post too long, but this is clearly a scam to get higher APRs out of suckers who dont know any better.

Thankfully I had the upper hand when buying my car....I didnt need the loan to begin with. Citibank is sitting back with a $10k check in hand ready to mail it as soon as I call them with NO hard check on my credit score, no applications, no pain and I get the loan for 3% fee and 0% APR till next August, which by then the car will be paid in full anyway.

The ONLY reason I allowed the car dealer to go the loan route thru another company who gave us a reallly good APR and no early payoff penalties and insurance that would pay off the loan if the car is totalled.

TU FICO average 819
Message 15 of 17
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Foxtrot uniform charlie kilo I need to get those frozen.  Thanks Emma for reminding me and sorry for the trouble. Just got my Chex in the mail this week, clean as a whistle except for 2015 INQs. Smiley Embarassed

There's so many CRA's that it's difficult to list them all.  Must remember that odd ball one that Us Bank uses as well?

I got my ChexSystems credit report and consumer report in the mail today as well.

The credit report under Reported Information says: "no information found" for inquiries, retail information and history of checks ordered. The credit score report only says "insufficient data found" - so no score.  All I got was a "9999" Smiley Sad. The ChexSystems Consumer score range is from 100 - 899. Here is an associated risk table:

Alternate credit score.jpg

That was a waste of time and now ChexSystems has limited authorization to market my profile - I've been getting offers for credit relief loans and credit one card pre-approvals. I also tried getting a utility credit report and score from NCTUE but I have no file with them either.

Be warned - providing information to get these alternate credit reports may result in unwanted solicitations.

I highly recommend getting a copy of a LexisNexis C.L.U.E Auto and Property claims report - its free. I also found the LN C.L.U.E credit report and Auto/Property CBIS scores to be useful - unfortunately these are not free. [The C.L.U.E credit report is primarily a direct pull from the Equifax database. LN and EQ have some joint partnerships in alternate Fico scoring models such as Fico XD]

LexisNexis is rather influential and it is prudent to find out what they have in your file.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 16 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is over a year old it will be closed to further comments. You are all free to start a new thread on the subject if its necessary.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.