cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LexisNexis freeze prevent id verification questions?

tag
yourficouser
Contributor

LexisNexis freeze prevent id verification questions?

Does a LexisNexis freeze prevent identity verification questions from being asked? Would like to stop any prepaid debit cards being opened in my name.

Also, looks like freeze can be requested online but no option to temporarily unfreeze or thaw online. How does one unfreeze?

thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
sznthescore
Established Contributor

Re: LexisNexis freeze prevent id verification questions?

Good questions. I would like too know as well. Hope someone could answer for us. Prepaid cards are an easy outlet for fraud to occur.

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 2 of 8
yourficouser
Contributor

So at least per Google answer seems to be LexisNexis freeze only freezes insurance apps and not Accurint reports that result in id verification questions. But would be nice to have independent confirmation

Message 3 of 8
yourficouser
Contributor

So to add another quirk ... I found an unauthorized inquiry on my latest LexisNexis report and actually froze online. But I am not clear that the online freeze process actually freezes LexisNexis or SageStream which they also own. I suspect it may be the latter as at least the html page title says SageStream, although the page itself doesn't specify. I guess I'll find out when I get my pin code in the mail.

Message 4 of 8
yourficouser
Contributor

FYI, per materials I received in mail after freeze, the online freeze applies to BOTH LexisNexis and SageStream. Doesn't specifically mention how to thaw.

Message 5 of 8
805orbust
Valued Contributor

I froze them both,  but separately and directly. I do suspect the freeze is universal as I applied for a card last month and was told my identity could not be verified. I had thawed the big 3 for a day so there really was not much else I could think of other than SageStream and Lexis.

Message 6 of 8
yourficouser
Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

I froze them both,  but separately and directly. I do suspect the freeze is universal as I applied for a card last month and was told my identity could not be verified. I had thawed the big 3 for a day so there really was not much else I could think of other than SageStream and Lexis.

Thank you. That is a very interesting datapoint that the card issuer could not verify your identity with Lexis and SageStream frozen despite having Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion thawed for a day. If you don't mind me asking, who was the issuer?

Message 7 of 8
yourficouser
Contributor

Also, I suppose to answer my own original question: with LexisNexis frozen, I permanently thawed and then froze my Experian credit report . The latter part did ask me four identity verification questions , so it appears that identity verification questions CAN still be generated with LexisNexis frozen.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.