cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for my next high initial limit card

tag
tclement04

Looking for my next high initial limit card

I'll be honest I'm fairly new to using credit cards again ang my idea of high likely is much different from you experienced guys but Im looking to open a new card and prefer it to have a high initial limit. The rates aren't the most important things as we typically dont carry a balance or don't carry it for long. Rewards are nice but not a deal breaker either.

My most recent card was PenFed and it was opened at 25K I'll list the other open cards below.

PenFed 25k

Navy Fed 12.5k

Capitol One 2.5k

Capitol One 300 (dont laugh, it was an orchard card and I opened it as my first line of credit and they have never raised it.) likely to close this card soon

I'm hoping to land something between the navy federal and penfed range or better. The cards I was considering were Linux Visa, Marriot rewards, and Nasa credit union. I thought about a local credit union or opening a USAA account as well. I had a USAA secured for three years at 2.5k but closed it as it matured and opened the PenFed. My scores range 710-750 currently. 

Thoughts and or input would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for my next high initial limit card

Of those you listed, NASA is most likely to give you the high SL you're looking for.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say if you have a fairly new file and already have $25k from penfed that's a good start. I think you'll find your starting limits with some of those you mentioned could be significantly lower.
Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Of those you listed, NASA is most likely to give you the high SL you're looking for.

I agree with Captool.  The NASA is where I'd bet on the higher limit compared to the others.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.