Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Score (FAKO VS FICO)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My First Score (FAKO VS FICO)

Providing Data Points..

So today marks 5 month and 29th day since I first opened my CC (Discover IT) **Yaayiee, finally eligible for FICO**. Though Credit Karma, Credit Journey of Chase and Creditwise of Cap one which all are powered by Vantage 3.0 of TU provided me FAKO scores of mid 600's to upper 600's in last six months which gave me a perspective or sense of direction. Today, finally I was able to access Fico 08 of Discover scorecard (powered by TU) and it showed me a score of 728 - This made my Jaw drop.

On digging deeper, I realized the number of inquiries in last 12 months shows 1 contradicting CK and other monitoring tools which has 5 on TU and 7 on EQ.

I believe that is the reason why it provided me high scores of 720+. Probably next month they will reflect all inquiries and I need to be prepared to see a drop of 30 - 40 points. Smiley Sad

If anyone faced a similar scenario please reply. It would be nice to collect data points. 

PS: I did read about that Discover Scorecard made mistakes earlier but not sure if they are still making mistakes in inquiries section.

note: If members with Discover card are using their scorecard tool they provide TU powered FICO 08, and If its non-members the Discover Scorecard uses EX powered Fico 08.

5 REPLIES 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: My First Score (FAKO VS FICO)

I am pretty sure the inquiry section is stll screwy with discover scorecard( I have a discover card). It still list mine as 5 when in reality my inquires are 12.

Now on the discover scorecard with Exp the inquires are correct .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The score you see is the correct score based on the correct number of inquiries even though the software shows only 1 inquiry. My scorecard has always shown 1 inquiry no matter what the real number is since I signed up over a year ago, all the while the score always matches the TU score pulled from CCT.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The score you see is the correct score based on the correct number of inquiries even though the software shows only 1 inquiry. My scorecard has always shown 1 inquiry no matter what the real number is since I signed up over a year ago, all the while the score always matches the TU score pulled from CCT.

Thank you for putting some light on it. by the way what is CCT?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT = Credit Check Total

$1 7-day trial for 3 bureaus reports and FICO8, make sure you call in to cancel within 7 days to avoid being charged for the full monthly subscription fee.  

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT = the GOAT product available for score tracking purposes, IMO.

Glad to hear your FICO scores are a good deal higher than your VS 3.0's, OP.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.