Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Internal Score?

tag
ItsCASHual
Regular Contributor

Navy FCU Internal Score

Does anyone have any idea what the NFCU internal score is in terms of ratings i.e. meaning if internal score is XX-XX then one is in the "exceptional" category vs the good, fair or poor categories?

It only says on the email I received from them that internal "scores range from low of 100 to high of 450."

FICO 8

Message 31 of 40
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy FCU Internal Score

Are you looking for a "fluff" interpretation of their internal score?

I don't think anyone can really tell you since no one knows what even is used to calculate it.
Message 32 of 40
AspiringDink1991
Valued Member

Re: Navy Federal Internal Score?

So if you aren't sent this "what you pay for credit notice" you got the best APR?

I got one for my MFCU cash rewards, is there a chance I can get a better APR for that card later on or am I stuck there? I think it's like at 18 not sure right now

1-19 scores
1-20 scores
11-20 scores
1-21 scores

11-18 MyJewelersClub $5k CL
1-19 Discover $1k
1-19 Commenity $300 unsecured, CLI to $620 1-20
8-19 NFCU $500 secured graduated to non secured with limit of $4,500
8-19 NFCU SSL $3k paid down to $233
2-20 NFCU Cash Rewards $15k
5-20 Honda $46k @2.9%
1-21 PayPal Credit SL $3.5k
1-21 CapOne Platinum SL$ 3k
Cant believe it's been 2 years now, these recoveries are so slow its torturous!
Message 33 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AspiringDink1991 wrote:

So if you aren't sent this "what you pay for credit notice" you got the best APR?

I got one for my MFCU cash rewards, is there a chance I can get a better APR for that card later on or am I stuck there? I think it's like at 18 not sure right now

You can request an APR reduction after 12 months. 

Message 34 of 40
AspiringDink1991
Valued Member

I just looked I was wrong its 16.49

I do have another question, I apped for this card due to the fact that I need to do a small emergency reno, supposedly I qualified for the 1.99% first year APR on purchases and BT for the first year, I didnt have anything but $450 to transfer.

I need to put about $6k on this card within this month, I'm afraid to, I dont want to make them mad, I can have it paid down to less than 10% util within the next three months.

1-19 scores
1-20 scores
11-20 scores
1-21 scores

11-18 MyJewelersClub $5k CL
1-19 Discover $1k
1-19 Commenity $300 unsecured, CLI to $620 1-20
8-19 NFCU $500 secured graduated to non secured with limit of $4,500
8-19 NFCU SSL $3k paid down to $233
2-20 NFCU Cash Rewards $15k
5-20 Honda $46k @2.9%
1-21 PayPal Credit SL $3.5k
1-21 CapOne Platinum SL$ 3k
Cant believe it's been 2 years now, these recoveries are so slow its torturous!
Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU doesn't get mad if you use the credit they give you. They don't extend you limits and then expect you not to use them. It's nothing to worry about. 

Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a letter when I got my NFCU card and it said my score was a 286 and they range from 100 to 450, but I'm not sure their score matters on the limit they offer because my cl was only $500 to start

Message 37 of 40
bomberb17

I have the Visa Signature cashRewards credit card for many years. Also in early 2019 I applied and received the Flagship, and downgraded into GO Rewards in the end of the year before the annual fee kicked it. My FICO score is over 800. The total available credit I have from the 2 cards combined is $26K.

In early 2020 I applied for the More Rewards American Express, but I got denied. The letter I received stated as reason that "I reached Navy Federal's maximum unsecured credit limit". It also said that an "internal" NFCU credit score influenced the decision. Its range is 100-450 and my internal score was 360.

Any ideas on if its a good strategy to reapply now?

Message 38 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got pretty boring data for you all. Personal credit files have nothing besides years of being an AU to a perfect cardholder.  Business cards don't report. New NFCU member. I rounded my scores down/up a few points.

Experian Fico (8?): 775

TU VS: 800

Applied, hard pulled TransUnion and got denied for More Rewards.

NFCU Internal Score: 375

Key factors that adversely affected your Navy Federal credit score:

[No credit union history within past year]

[No real estate history]

[Limited credit history]

[AU cards on file have average credit limits]

My internal score was almost exactly half of my Experian FICO. I decided to be humble about getting turned down and got their secured card. Plus I literally could not get in contact with their credit team, I tried. No pulls were done and I was approved for the secured card.

Message 39 of 40
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've got pretty boring data for you all.

Not boring at all. I am very excited to read data points. Thank you for sharing the information! Congratulations on your approval!

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.