Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Judgment

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Member

Need help with Judgment

I found out I have a judgement against me. A little background on it.... I was married and am now divorced. He screwed me up financially and I'm still trying to pick up the pieces. The judgement is in both of our names, it was a title loan and we were both on the title. The court says he was served but I had no knowledge of any of this until after our divorce. My question is the amount of the judgement is now showing up on my CR as a collection account with Ad Astra Recovery. Can the same thing be on my credit twice? I want to try to settle the judgement but I don't know where to start. I'm a struggling single mom that has yet to recieve child support so I can't pay the full amount. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need help with Judgment

Yes, it can show as both a judgment and as a collection.

It could, if the original creditor had also reported their account, additionally include an OC account with its derogs.


It is not double-reporting of the same thing in that an OC account reflects history with the creditor, while either a collection or a judgment represents additional actions taken to obtain payment of the delinquent debt.  Each have their own periods of exclusion from your credit report.


The collection has a date-certain exclusion from your credit report of no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the date of your first delinquency on the OC account that created the debt.  FCRA 605(a)(4) and 605(c).

The judgment has an exclusion date of no later than the later of 7 years from the date of entry of the judgment by the court if paid, or until the expiration of the enforceabilty of the judgment if the debt remains unpaid.  FCRA 605(a)(2).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.